Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Complete Primary Clutch Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 01:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete Primary Clutch Assembly

I need the whole shootin' match of the primary clutch assembly for 2005 Kodiak 450, sheaves, wet clutch, one way bearing, housing, both gaskets and belt. The retainer appears to be ok. Are the sheaves the only metal parts of the assembly ok to buy used? Any recommendations for sources of good used & new parts from experience would be GREATLY appreciated. I've found a few parts here and there on eBay, but it'd be great to find as many as possible from one source.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have bought every one of my parts for my wolverine 450 from "Bike Bandit." You could literally rebuild an entire quad off that website. The have stretched out diagrams of each and every part so that there is no confusion. I highly recommend this sight for brand new parts. They are also all OEM and I have never had a flaw with any part what so ever.

Old 11-16-2018, 12:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks man. Yep, I've definitely seen them come up high in search results. Their stock seems very broad. I think I've found a good used source also "Cycles R Us" in OH. I was really impressed with the knowledge and experience of the guy who helped me. He knew all the parts AND has replaced clutches himself. Much better than talking to some phone rep. who asks you, "Is that an ATV or UTV?" You know the conversation is going downhill from there. Still trying to get all the parts together, and I'll report back for anyone interested. Any other suggestions please chime in. Thanks!

Last edited by WHEAT; 11-16-2018 at 01:00 AM. Reason: typo