Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

another raptor problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2001 | 11:16 PM
|
Pro Rider

I have loved my raptor dearfully. It is everything I wanted..........except..........It is the ABSOLUTE BIGGEST P.O.S I have ever boughten......except a Kawasaki KE 100. I went riding today and was going around a track......running fine.........I shut it off to talk to a friend and the started it back up for a split second......friend said something else so I shut it off..........started it again......friend said something else......shut it off. I went to start it again and it wouldn't start! It just kept making a clanking noise and wouldn't go. It will turn over so I figure it isn't seized up. It just clanks like something isn't connected inside. What could be the problem........I love the raptor but the machanical stuff if really starting to **** me off. I have also had alot of trouble with the Parking brake sensor....could this be part of my problem...........I should've bought the 3 year extended warrenty....If it is screwed I'm gonna call Yamaha and tell them to shove that Big P.O.S up their A$$!!!!

Old 04-24-2001 | 11:26 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds like you blew off your carbs. I'd look there, when I blew mine off and tried to re-start it, it made a clank noise. So look there..........

2fast

Trailblazer
Trailblazer
Old 04-24-2001 | 11:34 PM
Trailblazer

Austin, what was your problem with your parking break sensor?? Was your Raptor bogging a little when you were running it. Mine was but I thought it was just part of the break in. If so what did you do to fix it? thanks

Old 04-25-2001 | 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

Dude how old is the gas?!?!

I bet it went bad..same thing happened to me at the track. bike was sitting for 3 months..it would start then stall then start then stall..had to drain the whole thing and then wait for it to run through the engine...it was very annoying

Old 04-25-2001 | 12:44 AM
Trailblazer

I just bought mine, I don't think the gas was that old. Cause it seems to run fine at times,jsut when i get on it, it seems to bog almost like you left the parking break on. But I will drain the gas for the hell of it.

Old 04-25-2001 | 12:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

it could be the one way clutch bearing on the flywheel i had a problem with one like that. but it probably is the carb boots those things pop off all the time. hope this helps D.J.

Old 04-25-2001 | 08:27 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Just check the front carb boots. That's probably the problem. That clanking noise is just the starter turning the engine (my engine sounded the same when my boots would blow off). You usually don't hear it because the Raptor usually starts as soon as you hit the starter button.

Old 04-25-2001 | 09:39 AM
Pro Rider

Austin911, It is the one way clutch mine is doing the same thing, I took it to a local dealer and they replaced the starter and I knew it wasnt that so I got it back and its still did the same thing. So I am taking it to the dealer where I bought it and they seemed to know what they were talking about where as my local dealer have a bunch of idiots in the service department I told them that I'de fix it myself but they said that they have to fix it in order for it to be covered under warrenty. Ya it is prob the one way clutch when you hit the starter theres a clanking and grinding nasty a$$ noise. So take it to your dealer and tell them that you think its the one way clutch.

Quick Reply: another raptor problem!!!