Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Is a Raptor axle made from recycled soda cans?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2001, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just have this one simple question. I would like to get a count on how many people have bent there axles so far. I barely hit a tree rolling backwards. The darn thing bent. I have not even broke it in or made a payment on it yet and It already has a bent axle. I have to hit the dealer in the morning and let them tell me wether warranty is going to cover it. Or is she going to be refitted with an aftermarket with a lifetime warranty against bends.

Taking suggestions on aftermarket axles also.

Old 04-30-2001, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

Bent the he11 out of mine in the first 4 hours of riding, so did my buddy, got the Yamaha dealership to buy us both Dura Blue Eliminators. They were happy to do this since a Aftermarket axle is way cheaper than a original replacement piece.So yeah, the stock one is a piece of a** trash.It is way to narrow and they had to make it weaker than a limp d1ck

Old 04-30-2001, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer

dude, that is what I needed to hear. What kind of price difference was there, so I'll have some ammo to use against them in the morning.

Old 04-30-2001, 01:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

Not bent yet... But the hubs on the end of axle keep coming loose. I torque to specs, put cotter pin in, ride for the weekend. Loose again. I have tightened 3 times now. I think the end of the axle were the spline is is mushrooming inward... Hubs look fine.

-Brad D-

Old 04-30-2001, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

I cant really say what the price of a stock axle is but your can bet your a** that is is about twice as much as a stock one, OEM **** is always high. We asked our dealer if he would do this and he agreed without much trouble.Dura Blue is not the best axle, but its sure as he11 a lot better than the stock one, and besides, the Eliminator has a lifetime warranty. If they give you any **** tell them to call Sport Yamaha in Shreveport La # 1-318-938-8888. And ask about it.Hope they hook you up,besides, it is the least they should do after putting such a P.O.S of a axle in a sport quad.

Old 04-30-2001, 10:27 PM
Range Rover

The stock Raptor axle lists for $249.99 according to my local dealer.

I bought the DuraBlue X-33 and absolutely love it! Fully extended the back end measures 49+ inches. When in woods for tight trail riding I can shrink it 4 inches in matter of minutes with the pin drive hubs (but still wider than stock).

I got the X-33 from Sunset ATV for $409.00 with hubs. Best deal around.

I still have my stock axle in the garage if you're interested...

Old 04-30-2001, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

My stock axle looks like a right angle, but Yamaha took it when they gave me the Eliminator.Bout the only thing I could have done with it was bend it back and make a whoop a$$ stick with it, but it would probably shatter if you hit anyone over 65lbs.

Old 05-01-2001, 12:04 PM
Range Rover

I just bent my axle last weekend. The dealers I've called, including the one I bought the quad from, don't think it's Yamaha's problem and said this is the first time they've heard of a bent axle on a Raptor. Now they want me to "bring it in so we can take a look" and they don't know how long it will take. I don't want to give up my ride for a month while they consider whether or not they want to do the work.

Old 05-01-2001, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

Madmike101,

What is that GYT-R Carbon Fibre CAN ?

Old 05-01-2001, 07:15 PM
Range Rover

I have a brand new stock Raptor axle I will sell cheap.
robert.flynn@primarion.com

Quick Reply: Is a Raptor axle made from recycled soda cans?