Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee or Ds650!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2001, 03:58 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
Right now I'm saving up for a raptor,but for my sencond quad I would like either a Banshee or Ds650 to bee it.I will be riding on dunes and trails with big a$$ hills,whoops,turns,and jumps!!I have a couple of questions about both such as:

1.Which one is the most reliable?

2.Which one is better suited for the places I will be riding in?

3.Which one is the easiest to ride and also the funnest to ride?

4.Which onen is the easiest to turn?

5.Which one wheelies,powerslides,and does doughnuts the best?

6.Which one is better at hill climbs?

7.I have never ridden a 2-stroke nor do I know much about them sowhat kind of gas and oil should I use?

8.Does the banshee start easy or does the kick start suck?

9.Which one is the fastest?

10.What stuff do I need to watch out for on both machines like in the maintenance department or just riding?

11.For the owners of each machine what mods gave the best bang for your buck?

12. Which one shifts the smoothest?

13.This may sound stupid,but I don't know much about the banshee,daoes the banshee have a neutral indicator?

14.What don't u like lest about your banshee or ds and what did u do to fix it if u can fix it?

Thanks,
Dan

P.S.
Sorry for all the questions,but I need to know because either one of these quds could be it!!!!

Old 05-11-2001, 05:20 AM
Trailblazer

Ohhh yeah 2 more questions before I got to bed!!!

1.Which ones stock tires have better traction?

2.If I get the Banshee what are the best aftermarket tires for it I want something that is 6-ply and also what size should I get to get the power to the ground?

Old 05-11-2001, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

Come on guy, most everyone here is tired of your games. You've been on almost every forum asking the same questions and getting answers over and over. It's even worse that these are most all able to be answered by searching for them in previous posts.

3 days ago, you said you were getting a DS. Just after that, it was a Honda 400ex that you planned to get. You said,"If u can make the 400ex go that fast (75-88mph) then I would definately get it!!" In the Bombardier forum, you were asking about several quads including the 400ex. Quote, "I'm having a hard time on deciding on which quad to get either the 400ex, banshee, raptor, ds650, or scrambler 400/500 2X4." That was on the 7th. However, 6 days before that in the Yamaha forum, you said, "Hi,
Right now I have a 2001 400ex and would like to get a more powerful quad like a Raptor"

What's the deal, did you forget that you already had a 400ex? Did you forget how it handled too?

Now you're getting a Raptor and you've been wondering about a scrambler, 400ex and Banshee also. You've even already asked the tire questions a few times also.

The only quad you've probably even rode was a battery powered one. At 15, momma probably won't even let you ride a bike if you are as childish at home as on this forum.

You also felt big enough to get on there and give your buddy's real name to everyone and call him a dumbass...

Well, just thought I'd let you know that there are some people on here who get tired of punk kids LIKE YOU who waste our time with the kind of garbage you keep posting.

Old 05-11-2001, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Dan ,JUST GO TO BED!........next time try www.zoogdisney.com

Old 05-11-2001, 05:17 PM
Trailblazer

First of all u guys are a$$holes you shouldn't go blaming me if u don't know the truth.The truth is my friend the one I called dumb *** tricked me in giving my password and He is the one that posted that I have a Honda,ds650 ,etc He did that because I said jokingly that his 400ex sux and he took it the wrong way.The only posts that u said that I made is the one with the 400ex,banshee,raptor,srambler400/500,and ds650 because I would like to have second oppinions before I spend $6499 on a machine and also learn more about the sport I love.And you talk about me wasting your time , well you must have a alot of time on your hands if you go around to every forum and look at my post,remember each quote,and u remember the exact dates that I posted.What are you a stalker?

HAVE A NICE DAY,
Dan

Old 05-11-2001, 05:26 PM
Trailblazer

And if u don't like how I post or what ever then just don't even bother looking at it it is a simple as that!!!!!

Old 05-11-2001, 06:10 PM
Trailblazer

Hey,
This is a forum for everyone and not just adults. I would think it very wise for a 15 year old to ask as many questions and ask for honest opinions from the supposed more mature members of these forums. Maturity ha I'm still waiting to see evidence of this according to the answers that you guys gave. This is a sport all of you need to learn the idea of sportsmanship which does include encouraging others especially those younger and newer to this experience. As for you Mr. Truant Officer LOL you have succeeded in making a fool of yourself by picking on a 15 year old. My advise to you is to grow up.

Have a nice day,
Dan

Old 05-12-2001, 08:58 AM
Pro Rider

get the DS no wait what about the raptor?

Old 05-12-2001, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

ha,ha,

Do youself a favor and go to a dealership or whatever and actually RIDE one of them, heck ride all of them if you can, Im sure any of the machines you've been talking about will be good.. Then just buy the one you like.. If you dont like it dont buy it, dont go by what the people say, its all what feels good to you. The best this and the better that, any new machines are reliable, Any wheeler you buy you are guranteed to have boatloads of fun without many problems (if you buy new and maintain it) Anyways good luck..