Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Pismo Bound,,Where to stay?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2001, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This seems like a good idea for a family summer vacation. But where to stay? Preferably a Motel, vacation apartment or ? that we can ride right out of. It would suck to be in the wrong end of town and have to trailer across town or something. Anybody have any local knowledge? Decent price with easy access to ride areas, party places, restaurants etc.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just looking for a good time....

Old 06-11-2001, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

If you camp on the beach you can ride out of
camp but if you motel it you'll have to truck it
back and fourth Harrys is a good place to party
they always have good bands in the old days you could
ride in town and up and down the beach but no more
and what ever you do when your on the beach
DON'T go over the posted 15 mph the rangers
are real a$$ holes

Old 06-11-2001, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

I am going to Pismo for the first time this weekend. I will post a full report for you next week.

It has always been Glamis in the winter and Lake Havasu during the summer for me. Selling my boat so i guess i have to try Pismo!!!

scott

Old 06-12-2001, 02:50 AM
Pro Rider

Cruising the web, I found the EconoLodge at Arroyo Grande. They actually advertise ATV rentals, and promote themselves as being close to Dunes. New and cheap. On what maps we can find, it looks like the location and price are pretty good. Even a dump in Pismo is pretty pricey. I guess we will be short trailering, but that's what we usually do anyway. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2001, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

OK, I rode Pismo/Oceano for the first time. Took Grand Ave. off the 101 straight to the beach. The weather was great and the river crossing was only a 6 inch surge. No big deal. The only thing I can say is bring your suntan lotion and be prepared to let the air out of your tires when you venture too far into the soft sand to park. Be carefull!! The dune area had many blocked off areas and the dunes were small but the riding was fun anyway! I camped so I don't have any reccomendations for hotels. Once you pull in, you will see there is a southern entrance where you can ride your quad to a store for food/beers. I went on thursday night so I did not need a reservation. If you arive on a Saturday or a big weekend you may want to check out reserveamerica.com

scott