Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How to get a hold of Yamaha...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2001 | 01:48 PM
|
Range Rover

Is there a number I can call where I can actually talk to someone who knows whats going on with things, and has the athority to actaully do something for me?

I Tried calling my dealer to see if he knew anything about the 2002 raptors, ie. the gears and axle. He just told me that he knew what was on the website. I then asked him if he could give me the number of anyone at Yamaha that I could talk to myself. I told him that my second gear on my 2001 was bad (along with numerous other people's) and that I'd like to know what exactly they changed in the tranny, whether it's just gearing, or are the fixing reliability issues. I also asked if they might do anything for me since it is becomming apparnt that the 2nd gear is a known issue. He then told me that he would try to find out some answers for me, and took my name and number, and told me that he would call me back. So... I'll give him a few days before visiting them in person... But in the mean time, Do any of you know if it's possible to talk directly to a rep from Yamaha???

Thanks

Bandit99
'01 Blue Raptor #000994
'74 Trans Am

Old 06-15-2001 | 01:58 PM
Trailblazer

One thing is for certain, the only way to contact Yamaha is by mail. They have an address is their website. You would think that since they have a website they would have an email for technical questions.

Bottomline, YAMAHA sucks big time, I got stuck with my raptor and the next time I have a chance to buy another ATV, I will buy HONDA, they do care about customer service and their products don't break like YAMAHA.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2001 | 02:25 PM
|
Range Rover

I did call the 1-800-88-YAMAHA number, and after holding for 5 minutes I talked to some idiot. The only thing I got out of the exchange was that he knew nothing, but gave the impression that they didn't want to help me at all. For example, I asked if they had any service bullitens out for the 2001 raptor, and he didn't even know what I was talking about. So I told him that I was having problems with my tranny, and that many others also had the same problem. Then I asked if Yamaha will deal with these know issues by offering to replace bad parts for free. He then told me that I they deal with problems on a person by person basis. I told him that it was the first time my tranny went out, and that it was going to cost a lot of money, and that others have had the same problem so it wasn't an issue of abuse. He then told me that I could purchase the YES warranty. I told him that I purchased my wheeler last september, and could I still buy the YES plan because of all these problems I was having. He told me NO. So I said "So there's nothing I can do?" And he said "no."

Thats enough to **** me off. I really need the number or mailing address of someone higher up that this idiot was who can give me real answers other than "Sorry, We already got our money out of you, so **** off". And it's really not my dealers fault... Yamaha isn't telling them anything either... I NEED TO VENT!!!

Bandit99
'01 Blue Raptor #000994
'74 Trans Am

Old 06-15-2001 | 03:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Bandit99, try 1-800-962-7926. This number is for customer relations. Maybe they can give you a little more help. I haven't tried it myself so I'm not sure.
According to Yamaha's website the 1-800-88-YAMAHA number is for brochures.

Old 06-16-2001 | 03:06 AM
Pro Rider

Guys, I can relate to all this, but are we all maybe just making a bigger deal out of this than we should? The Raptor didn't win it's "best high performance quad" title for no reason...besting even the Cannondale and the 400EX. I'd like to have all of the '02 updates too, but I don't believe that the '01's are a pile of crap. Who knows, maybe at some point Yamaha WILL offer to do something if this trend continues. I for one really am brand loyal, and will continue with Yamaha to the end. I'm not trying to stick my head in the sand to any potential quality problems, just expressing some differing opinions.

Old 06-16-2001 | 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

Nothing in this world ever gets corrected without putting up enough fuss that the money makers recognize future sales are at stake. Hey, let's all keep quite about how we got taken so all the Polaris, Honda, and Kawasaki owners are jealous of our kickass award winning machines...yea, this approach will work. We won't let them in the elite club until they own one just like us...

I don't think people are complaining that they want the new graphics and tires. People are complaining about a known set of serious problems that have been brought to the attention of the manufacturer for the last year. AND NOW, all the sudden these happen to be the very areas that were improved on the new model. Nothing was wrong with the original design yet just by chance Yamaha changed these very things in the new model - while still telling the original owners theirs are fine. In the automotive industry, this is tracked and can force a manufacturers recall. It would seem the ATV industry is self-policed. I for one don't expect Yamaha to correct the gap between 1st and 2nd gear just because I don't like it; however, if it fails and it is due to a design flaw then I do expect it to be fixed especially if I paid for the additional coverage. Excuses about rider abuse, etc. don't cut it. People have been shifting motorcyle transmissions for about 100 years and now all the sudden the riders don't know the proper way to do it and that is causing the problem???

Old 06-16-2001 | 11:00 AM
Trailblazer

I agree with you all on this. I am fine with everything about my '01, except of the possibilty of the tranny deting.!!!! Yamaha should atleast confirm the problem, or prove that there is NONE!! Comon, yamaha. IF anyone can tell me how/where i can make some noise about this i will be happy to.