Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Hospital bed raptor a-arms

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2001 | 01:55 PM
|
Trailblazer

A few weeks ago i was at my local MX track watching the quads racing and overheard this conversation with a raptor rider bragging to the other raptor owners at how his wider a-arms only cost him $40 to make.
He said that he went to a local junk yard and found a old hospital bed made out of tube that he thought would be perfect to make a good set of wide raptor a-arms. He got his son to do the welding on these pieces of art, telling the other raptor owners that they where all stupid for paying big bucks for a-arms made by so called professionals. Anyway i was interested in seeing how good these $40 a-arms would go myself, so i got in a good position to watch the quads first race of the day. The race started and they all approached the first table top jump, to my horror this guys raptor jumped and come down nose first into the dirt with both a-arms snapping off sending both wheels wrapping back and under the bike, he went straight over the handle bars and broke some ribs and hurt his back, he was taken to hospital sore and sorry. I checked out the bike and it was a mess the a-arms failed at the welds and also bent and twisted the tubing.
We all had a little laugh after about the whole thing, but are glad the guy will be allright and hope he has learnt from his hospital bed a-arms that messing with things that you know nothing about is dangerous.

Old 06-15-2001 | 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

Hate to say it, but some people get what they deserve!

Old 06-15-2001 | 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

he should try to make some out of balsa wood next time.

Old 06-15-2001 | 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

sounds like there was a little truth behind those hospital bed aarms, because he ended up straight into a hospital bed. lol. i should make some aarms out of womens underwear and who knows.

Old 06-15-2001 | 07:17 PM
Trailblazer

otterbob:

LOL!!!

LMAO!!!

Old 06-15-2001 | 08:30 PM
Trailblazer

Did they carry him to the meat wagon on those Hospital bed A-arms. What a dumb cheap A$$hole. Paying a few hundred for professional engineering is so much better than broken ribs and bad back!!

Old 06-16-2001 | 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

I bet that idiot is sitting in his hospital bed right now thinking of all the cool things he could make out of it. I hope he at least used a cool looking crome hospital bed to make his A-arms out of. Afro-Engineering at it's finest.

Old 06-16-2001 | 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

man if you have a picture of that after the crash, save it and wait until one of the magazines run another photo contest. YOU WILL WIN FOR SURE. IMAO at that story.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-16-2001 | 03:19 AM
Pro Rider

LOL, LMOA, IMOA....am I missing something here?...Somebody define these, please!

Old 06-16-2001 | 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

Now that is some funny crap!!HAHA!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Hospital bed raptor a-arms