Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee heads

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2001, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a couple of questions about pro-desin cool heads. I would like to put them on my banshee but I want to stay close to stock so i dont loose reliability. I read in dirt-wheelsmag that if u get to much compresion in a banshee you could end up spining the crank and i dont want to have it welded. I also dont want to have to use race gas.
What do the cool heads do for the banshee besides extra cooling and more comprestion. And are they werth the price. So can any one help me on this one thanks.

Old 06-15-2001, 03:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

I put the pro design cool head on my banshee a couple years ago and I have had no problems related to the cool head. I noticed a nice little gain throughout the powerband plus the added security of extra cooling. I think that they also look cool and dress up the motor a little. I would recomend cool heads to any banshee owner. When you order them they will send you any domes you want just tell them you don't want to run race gas and they will send the correct domes.

BANSHEE'S RULE

Old 06-15-2001, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

What size domes do u have in yours popeye350.

Old 06-15-2001, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

Cant anyone help me. Doesn't anyone have cool heads or any info about them you could give me come on guys im hanging on a lime here.

Old 06-15-2001, 05:58 PM
Trailblazer

There are 2 reasons to get coolheads and one of them I’m not sure I believe in.

1) To cool better. In my opinion you gain little cooling advantages. More volume means more water in the head. Just means it takes longer to get hot. A larger radiator is much more affective. More cooling area will keep it cooler.

2) To achieve higher compression or have the ability to change compression fairly easy. It seems you will want to stick with 22cc domes (Stock) if you don’t want to make any other mods anyway.

In short I don’t see the justification in cost in your case since you will gain nothing in performance and only a little in cooling gains.

Old 06-15-2001, 07:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My buddy has a cool head with 19cc domes and overheats from time to time. I shaved my stock head .040 and went with a Pro design Mega Impellor( or something like that) and I have yet to overheat, but I also have not installed it yet LOL!!!!!

Shaving the head is the biggest bang for the buck mod out there.

RoostKing..

Old 06-15-2001, 10:26 PM
Range Rover

i have the cool head on my 99 shee and have the pro design impeller in it and have yet to over heat my shee yet and i have 20 cc domes in my shee and i would like to see someone change the compression on a stock head with changeing the dome size and i have never had a problem with my bike yet with spinning the crank and i have 180 psi per cylinder too

Old 06-16-2001, 01:07 AM
Trailblazer

I've had the pro design cool head with 20cc domes and vito's super stock pistons for over a year now on my banshee. I have not had my crank welded and I haven't had any problems with it. I do run unical race gas though, because it was recommended because of the higher compression. I haven't had any problems with overheating either.

My buddy has a cool head also, but he has 21cc domes and runs premium gas. If you don't want to spend the extra money on race gas, I'd go with the 21 cc domes. You should get a little more power plus better cooling.

I was also advised that once you get down to 19cc or smaller you need to have you crank welded. You also need to be careful about what kind of after-market pistons you use, because some of them won't work with the smaller domes.

Old 06-16-2001, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for everything guys.And dont forget, ride hard or stay home.

Old 06-17-2001, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

Does anyone else have any info for me to put to good use about these pro design cool head. If u do can u please answer these questions at this thread.

Quick Reply: banshee heads