Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Best Mini? Raptorette? I think it's a "PIT VIPER" 90cc Husky by IPC, Made in Tennessee!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2001, 04:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, 3TV and Sandhopper, you are the best! Thanks so much for coming to our assistance. This is not the first time 3TV has helped me out. I think we owe you a visit, our kids would get along great.
Sandhopper, you and hubby and kids and quads should take a break from that Phoenix heat and give us a visit. We do the Phoenix trip too often, (my wife has a dentist she likes in Scottsdale) She drives down there way too much for that kind of pain. Where we live is a lot like the White Mountains, a little lower, just nobody from AZ. It's 250 miles through Globe and Safford, or the same time on I-10 to Lordsburg then north to Silver City (elevation 6,000 ft.) and then out our way to Gila,(4300 ft.) Yes that is Gila as in the Gila river, it is quite pretty up here, picturesque even, unlike the Gila in your parts. We've been having a warm spell, it has hit 100, that's hot for here, but the monsoons are already starting. We have 11,000 ft mountains as our backdrop to the north and 3 million acres of National Forest to ride in. We'll get 3TV and his gang down here someday too, but I think it's up to us to go see him first.
You guys made some great points and suggestions, and body armor is ordered, along with some spiffy Honda red pants, gloves and jersey. We're going to have to be strict with the keys, as well as diligent with the training, I had thought we were done the day of the Buzzed patio party, and was in the bathtub. My 12 year old took Ian out for another ride, got stuck in some mud, got off to push him out, and he took off and then buzzed the girls.
The next morning, a friend came over and said Ian was out on his new quad with his helmet on ready to ride, I said, it's okay, he can't start it by himself, and my friend said, "Oh yeah? well it's running!" I ran out and sure enough, he had started it and was ready to ride. Only the set parking brake kept him from taking off on his own. There is no lack of enthusiasm or resourcefullness.
Anyway, thanks again, I owe you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2001, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, no problem! Glad to have been of some help! I wish you all safety and good riding! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You are lucky you are getting monsoons already! It's going to take a couple of more weeks for us! Nothing quite like riding in the desert after a good storm! And thanks for the invite....same to you when you get back to Phoenix! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Corry