Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

VIDEO sport400 polaris spankin banshee

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2001, 03:18 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put a video on my web site of a piped and ported banshee getting spanked by my Sport400
.if the video dosnt work let me know,this is my 1st try at vids on my page.
info on race..my hpd sport 400 TRAIL MOD with stock tires(mud tires in the desert)my wife is driving the sport
the banshee was piped and ported and on new holeshot tires

*this was posted on the polaris fourm,but since so often we have yamaha and honda owners spoutin off in the polaris fourm I figured i would give them some of there own smack back all in fun!
next sport400 V 400ex vid....its a real sad vid they will be seeing RED! hehe
but in all fairness that same banshee dos spank me at comp hill at buttercup about 4-5 lengths but Iam like 250lbs. he wont race my wife no more!!!!that wimp his quad is 100lbs lighter and hes afraid of power to weight ratio?????go figure

1999 Sport400
HPD pipe
HPD muffler
HPD porting
HPD billet head(15.5:1)
HPD girdle kit
Keihin 39MM PWK carb
Renthal cr low bend bars
Wiseco piston(STD)
HPD aggresive clutch kit
V-force reeds
K&N filter(no air box)

2000 Scrambler 400 2x4
HPD pipe
Aaen muffler
HPD billet head(13:1)
HPD clutch kit
PRM alum. a-arm gaurds
Renthal cr low bend bars
DG alum. bumper
K&N filter
V-force reeds
Wiseco piston(+20)
CFM cooler

Old 07-11-2001, 01:11 PM
Range Rover

I hate to say it, but you deserved to beat that banshee. The person "riding" it did the second worst job of shifting I've ever heard.

Old 07-11-2001, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

I knew that would be the first thing that would be said. When I race my neighbor on his Banshee he always has some excuse why he couldn't win. If it's on dirt or grass "he spins too much". So we race on Pavement and it's "I blew the holeshot". He has never once passed me before I have hit top speed (or a little bit before). In all fairness to the Yamaha owners...he is the only Banshee I have ever raced.

-Josh

Old 07-11-2001, 08:30 PM
Range Rover

Yeah it's funny everytime you beat one of the soo called sport quads with a polaris they always have an excuse!
This same polaris has on many occasions beat banshees, DS650, 400Ex, 250R, LT250R, Lt500R.... And they all had excuses for losing.
Many more videos to come--Stay turned race fans.

1999 Sport400
HPD pipe
HPD muffler
HPD porting
HPD billet head(15.5:1)
HPD girdle kit
Keihin 39MM PWK carb
Renthal cr low bend bars
Wiseco piston(STD)
HPD aggresive clutch kit
V-force reeds
K&N filter(no air box)

2000 Scrambler 400 2x4
HPD pipe
Aaen muffler
HPD billet head(13:1)
HPD clutch kit
PRM alum. a-arm gaurds
Renthal cr low bend bars
DG alum. bumper
K&N filter
V-force reeds
Wiseco piston(+20)
CFM cooler

Old 07-11-2001, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

I've beaten Raptors, Banshee's, 400EX's, 300EX's, 250R's(both the 3 wheeler, and the 4 wheeler) and, Warriors. From the Beginning of the trail to the end of the trail. When it comes to the deep mud and long rugged hill climbs, those sport bikes just can do it very well. They do a hell of a lot better then most people would think, but when the going gets tight, and they can't use speed and momentum to get through things, they suffer from lack of traction. Plus it takes them alot longer to get turned around when they get in trouble on a tight tree infested trail, they have to get off and manually move, or backup their quad(with the exception of the Raptor). However, in a straight drag race all of them would kill me, with the exception of the 300EX.

Rick

Old 07-11-2001, 09:46 PM
Trailblazer

You know, I hate to rain on your polaris parade, but how boring.
No skill whatsoever.
Just nail the throttle and go. Constant RPM's.

Half the fun of riding my 400EX is shifting, using the clutch, powershifting into second and fishtailing the rear end all over.....

I just dont see why youd buy a big sport quad with a FULLY automatic tranny, constant RPM's Honda civic HX style.

I dont care HOW bad that polaris would beat my 01' 400EX in a drag. Id NEVER, EVER, EVER buy a polaris, let alone with THAT tranny.

Would you buy a Dodge Viper with a tranny like that? How about a Ferrari?
(and YES, the F1 tranny in the F355-F1 is different. theres manual shifting involved)

Sorry, just expressing my opinion. You do have a fast quad there.

-Matt (01' RED 400EX, 84' RED/BLACK 200X)

Old 07-11-2001, 09:50 PM
Trailblazer

It is not an excuse but a fact that it takes very little skill to drag race on a Polaris. All you have to do is sit there and peg the throttle. Not much room for error there.

Old 07-11-2001, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, and all of the Snowmobiles out today SUCK because they are automatics. Guess somebody from Arizona can't relate to that though. It's too bad cause sleds can give you twice the rush of quads (in my opinion).

I also love it when people diss the automatic and then turn around and use it as an excuse why they just lost in a race. My friend with the Banshee does the same thing.

Don't get me wrong though guys. Sometimes I really miss the old manual clutches. I also miss taking massive jumps, and doing other crazy things that my Polaris just doesn't like doing. I wish that I could afford another quad because I would get something like a 400ex or a Banshee. Someday I guess. Take care.

-Josh

Old 07-11-2001, 11:16 PM
Trailblazer

Man!!!All i can say is that machine of yours is awesome.And don't listen to these guys about what is fair and unfair.What is the purpose of drag racing?To see who has the fastest bike at the track.It just so happens that you had the fastest bike of those two at this track.You said yourself that the same banshee can beat you up comp hill.I think that it is flat out awesome that a polaris could beat a banshee down the strip.Well keep posting those other videos of you beating all those HIGH PERFORMANCE bikes.Later.

Old 07-12-2001, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guys~
That's just another great thing about owning a Polaris...if you lose a drag race to any "high performance quad", no big deal. You're on a slow, heavy Polaris. You're not supposed to win. But when you do beat a sport quad, you can rub it in even more since their "sport quad" is slower than a Polaris. Keep the videos coming Azelmo. Lets see Sport vs Raptor, DS650, and 400ex(if it will stay in the picture). It is sad that an auto tranny can put such a smackdown on all those manual clutched rockets!HAHA![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] By the way, how many snowmobiles have ever had to be shifted?

Quick Reply: VIDEO sport400 polaris spankin banshee