Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I need some imput on a new CARB.......PLEASE........?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2001, 11:31 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got my warrior all put together and went riding last night, or at least tried too. It wasnt idiling real well, I figured maybe the floats were sticking from sitting around too long. So off we went. It ran good when I really got after it, between 1/2 to full throttle. Then it got worse and I was working real hard to keep it rinning on the trail. It finally stalled out and would not restart, there was gas just pouring out the overflow tube of the carb. When we got back to the house I pulled off the carb and took it apart, looks like some one didnt know what they were doing had it apart before. There was no spring in the accelorater pump. Some of the internals were boggered up, like stripped screw and so forth. I figured it would be a good time to just get a whole new carb at this point.
So here it is, I looked at the Edlebrock carb, looks great, Wow..real expensive (although if I never have to **** with it again it would be worth it). Also looked at the White Bros moded carb, not as expensive, seems good. I always had good luck with Edlebrock om my Jeeps, so I am leaning towards that. Any other imput would be appreciated, as I stated in other posts I am new to the Quad thing. Also excuse my bad spelling, I am only on my 2nd cup of coffee this morning[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] TIA

Old 08-05-2001, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

I would keep the stock carb and fix it.

Old 08-05-2001, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

The way I was planning on going (until the Raptor moved in) and will do some day, is to put the White Bros. 36mm round slide cab on with a UFO installed in it. The UFO (Ultimate Flow Optimizer) is a snowmobile trick where a circular resin disk is attached to the bottom of the slide removing the cavity that disrupts air flow. The result is a RS carb that equals or surpasses the flow capability of a flat slide. The UFO kit is about $30 in addition to the carb price. Check out www.thunderproducts.com for more info. I was all set to run with this rig until I "tripped" over a blue Raptor at my dealer looking for a home. I haven't seen the Edelbrock unit yet, so I don't know how the two compare.