Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Honda 450ES vs. Yamaha Kodiak 4WD

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-1999, 04:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Honda is really nice, but it lacks the suspension and the 2wd/4wd switch on the Kodiak. I have the Grizzly and am amazed as to how often I use 2wd, which the Honda can't do.

Old 09-23-1999, 09:48 AM
Trailblazer

Standing by my 450ES,

I have had my 450 ES and have not had one single problem. I normally would put about a 10 hrs a week on my ES until lately due to alot of family matters going one, so mine sets alot more than it used too. My might go 2 weeks at a time without being started. As a matter of fact, I cranked it last night and drove it around the house a few time just cause I felt sorry for it and it had set for 14 days. It started right up and with out even pulling the choke out! I am having a hard time believing the battery drain. I have never noticed anything. I guess I am agreeing with one of the above post, If you take care of it, it'll last and do you right.

I have never had a "slow shift" between gears. I doubt there are very many lemons ought there. I am not saying there isn't, I believe that most of the problem with the ES are user initiated. I am sure that there are a few that surface due to mechanical defects, but all in all Honda would not put someting out in the market that was likely to fail. There reputation is too Good and not worth the chance of skimming on quality. Honda's business is centered around Quality(reliability). There is very seldom a post that doesn't have the two words combined. Honda and Reliable.

Not trying to start a war here just sticking up for my high dollar well engineered and designed baby!! There have been alot of post lately about all the things that are wrong the ES and I suspect alot are just gossips and My uncle's brother's cousin's ES does this and that.

For all of those that do have problems I am sorry but all in all I am sure that problems are not the norm.

Very pleased and proud ES owner that needed to vent! Thanks....

------------------
Gap Arrington Dickson TN Honda ForemanES "and Yeller at that!"

Old 09-23-1999, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

I would have to agree with GAP on this. I can not speak for the yamaha as to the fact I only have experience with Banshee's and Warriors, both good machines. I have a 450es and have not any battery drain problems, although it is rode at LEAST every weekend (I JUST LOVE TO RIDE IT!!)so maybe that is why. I to have not had any problems with the electric shift, and my wife and her friends LOVE the electric shift (dosn't hurt there foot...)so that is my 2cents

99'ForemanES and gee its yellow 2