Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee Aftermarket Frames

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-1999, 02:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that the racing series is over for the year, I have been thinking about next year.

I want to build a MX racing Banshee. So far I found two frame companies. Laeger and Lonestar. Both appear to be around the same price range. But I just found out that Lonestar makes a 250R based frame for the Banshee motor. This sounds to good to be true.

What has everyone heard about these frames?
Laeger Frame...Lonestar(250r based)...Lonestar(Banshee based)

Slash,
99 Banshee
98 Blaster

Old 09-28-1999, 03:11 PM
Range Rover

I dont have any information on these frames, but was wondering how much the frames that you are looking at are? I too am looking into an aftermarket frame.

------------------
Jayson Blough '99 Banshee, '97 Warrior, '96 Blaster Yes I like Yamaha

Old 09-28-1999, 03:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

They all go for around $2,200 for the frame and sub frame. Nacs told me that the a-arms and spindles would be around $1900. A local atv place (K&K ATV)that is big in my racing area said that the stock stuff will fit on the lonestar banshee based frame.

How are the mid range pipes?

Old 09-28-1999, 10:54 PM
Range Rover

I really like them. They really picked up the bottom end. It screams in the mid-range, and it pulls even harder and longer on top. It is one of the only pipes that I know of for the Banshee that helps the entire rev range. I am very satisfied with these pipes.

------------------
Jayson Blough '99 Banshee, '97 Warrior, '96 Blaster Yes I like Yamaha

Old 10-03-1999, 04:20 PM
Trailblazer

Although I do not yet own one for my Banshee, I'm convinced that the way to go is Laeger! Their Banshee frame is based on 250R geometry, and their pro-trax suspension eliminates ball joints, so they offer upto 16" of travel! It's not cheap though; Laegar wants $2250 for a frame and $1925 for suspension, spindles, tie rods, and steering stem. It's a very impressive set up!

Old 10-05-1999, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Man that sure is a lot of money. But I'm sure its well worth it if you can afford it.

BTW Michael where do you race and how did you do if you don't mind me asking?

99 Banshee
87 Banshee

------------------

Old 10-13-1999, 06:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

This was my first year of racing.

New England ATV Assoc. (NEATVA) has a race series that used two tracks. One is the famous Southwick MA (Moto338 I think) and the other is Jolly Roger in NH.

I raced in the open novice class and came in 9th place for the year. There were about 30 quads in my class at each race. The series points were taken from both race tracks.

For being my first year I was quite pleased. I qualified for most of the races, placed fairly well in each that I did. Learned a lot (including how to fail real bad at a double jump).

I just can't wait for next year.

Slash

Old 10-24-1999, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

Hey everyone.....

I definteley have the answer for you.

I have a 98 Banshee and gave the bike and a "blank" check to Lonsestar Racing to make my Banshee the best it could be.

Well, many thousand dollars later, I am convined they did it. Don't mess with Laeger, RPM or anyone else. Lonestar is the only way to go!

They did an incredible job working my Banshee into one of the best around. I got every after-market piece they make and boy, is it awesome. Beside that, the cusotmer service Dan (Owner) and his incredibly nice and attractive girlfriend, Lori, are great to work with. They can be reached at (480) 831-0062 during the week. They are patient, honest people who will take the time to anser all of your questions in person or on the phone. Go with the advice they give you. It will be honest and correct!

I do not own any part of Lonestar, so I can make an un-biased and objective review of all companies. Lonestar Racing is best, nobody else comes close! I have dealt with all the others (Trinity Racing is the worst in my opinion) and have determined Lonestar's products are the most thoroughly thought out, reasonably priced and backed with incredible warranties.

My +2 out, +1 forward chromed A-arms are awesome as well as my +2 extended chromed Swingarm. They are the best!

Let them know Rob R. sent you. It might help since I gave them 1/4 of my annual salary to fix up my Banshee. It was well worth it!

Rob R.