Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Awesome sounding Banshee Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2001, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am asking for opinions:

What is the Best <u>Sounding</u>, but not too loud (is that a contradiction) Banshee pipe system?

I have heard some awesome, AWESOME sounding Banshees in my travels. I never took notes, because I didn't own a Banshee at the time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I DO need a USFS approved spark arrestor.

Please post if you have any opinion at all.

I am not as concerned with the nitty gritty performance as the sound because I might not be racing the Banshee, as much as just trying to be &quot;cool&quot; Ha ha [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] (I believe any pipe will be some added performance)

I searched on Banshee pipes and one topic mentioned the 2 into 1 pipe sounding really great. It is hard for me to imagine that, but if anybody can back that up, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
phil

Old 09-08-2001, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

I heard a DynoPort 2 into 1 pipe on a Banshee a few years ago and I must say since then I've wanted a Banshee just to put one of those pipes on it.Sweet Sounding but, hard to explain.

Old 09-08-2001, 03:38 AM
Pro Rider

PhilMoore,

If you go to my site, link at the bottom of this post, you'll see, no actually hear a pass that I made in front of my computer mike hanging out my window. At that time, I had the Moto-Fast pipe on my Banshee. They sound awesome, but don't perform as good as the LRD pipes that I had.

This might (if I work it correctly) take you straight to the sound Click here for 2-into-1 pipe sound

Okay, now do you have a favorite sounding Banshee pipe?

Old 09-08-2001, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

Man! bash, why did you have to go and do that? Now I've got that feeling all over again hee hee! Its been along time since I heard it but still gives me chils. I think the 2 into 1 pipes are the sweetest sounds on the planet earth! Why are they not more popular, I thought they gave more lowend power than other pipes and let the mid come on alittle softer?

Old 09-08-2001, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

yeah the 2 into one makes it dsound like a crotch rocket its tight

Old 09-08-2001, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider

i've got the 2 into 1 motofast pipe on mine.....awsome lowend power and mid range if thats what your looking for....sound wise they sound like a formula one car i think

Old 09-08-2001, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

yes the 2 in one pipes kick *** and the new dmc has a spark arrester availible for it i think.

Old 09-08-2001, 06:39 PM
Range Rover

Hey Phil, Go check out this site to compare sounds of different pipes on a Banshee. These guys also do a great job with videos.

http://teamdunes.tripod.com/pipesounds.html

Old 09-08-2001, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the help! That is really what I needed. I took a listen and, yup, the 2 into 1 is totally radical sounding! I love it!!! Now, I have to decide which one... It looks like there are at least three different brands. I definately need a spark arrestor. I also want it to look decent, and be totally clear of my leg, I don't want to get burned!

Does anybody have pictures of the different pipes when they are mounted on the quad?

This is really helpful guys, thanks a LOT!

Phil

PS: I got to ride some on my neighbors MX track today. It is in a field and it is well over a mile long! I was clearing some small doubles, and flying low over a table top. It was a lot of fun, even though I have to keep it under half throttle for about 5 more hours.

Old 09-08-2001, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

I like the sound of the Toomey's. Let's face it though, any banshee with pipes sounds awesome. They truly have a unique sound that let's everyone know they are coming to throw sand in your face

Quick Reply: Awesome sounding Banshee Pipes