Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster in ireland

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-1999, 07:08 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in ireland and i read dirtwheels and look at quad sites on the internet about what parts to get for my blaster ,but when i go to buy them or order them over the internet then the postage and packing is always about £70 (about $100) the only parts i can are things like crappy pipes that are really lame and usless heavy steel nerf bars and really usless tires what should i do

Old 10-28-1999, 09:38 AM
Trailblazer

Gosh, your English sure is good! (just a joke)

I think the solution would be to get yourself a Banshee or find better links on the internet to go to!

[This message has been edited by Dune-it (edited 10-28-1999).]

Old 10-28-1999, 12:21 PM
Trailblazer

im from ireland not england
and i aint got the money for a banshee

Old 10-28-1999, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

quarryboy,
After reading your post I did a little research. I called Dennis Kirk to find out how they base their shipping charges overseas & as an example, they gave me a figure of $66 for one tire, based on size & weight.
I would think that there must be a source in the UK for accessories that would cost less.
Perhaps you could check with some of your local cycle shops.Surely in a town the size of Belfast there is someone who could steer you in the right direction, even a European company would be less shipping. Just a thought to explore.Check with a local riding or racing club, also

------------------
THE AZ HARD PACKER, calmiller@kachina.net

save the public land FOR you, not FROM you..join the Blue Ribbon Coalition online @ www.sharetrails.org

[This message has been edited by hot_shoe_cv (edited 10-28-1999).]

Old 10-28-1999, 01:41 PM
Trailblazer

thanks for the info what you said got me thinking and i decided toask around all the shops that i have looked at only have 250r parts and parts for banshees if they were going to get blaster parts they would have to send to the usa for them anyway which would bump up the price

Old 10-28-1999, 01:42 PM
Trailblazer

thanks for the info what you said got me thinking and i decided toask around all the shops that i have looked at only have 250r parts and parts for banshees if they were going to get blaster parts they would have to send to the usa for them anyway which would bump up the price

Old 10-28-1999, 03:29 PM
Trailblazer

If they only have parts for the "R"s and Banshees, then you can find tires. Maybe not the brand you want, but bet you can find something.

As for aftermarket parts. hot_shoe_cv has the right idea.

YFS200

Old 10-28-1999, 06:29 PM
Trailblazer

Quarryboy,

A friend of mine in Germany had a boat that he needed to get a lot of parts for, and could only get them here in the States. He was able to have the parts shipped to a company in New York, the same company his wife worked for in Germany. Then when they had a large shipment, one of here friends would 'sneak' the parts in there. I know this would be difficult to do, especially with tires. Is there any where in Europe that carries these things, perhaps Italy or Spain, that's bound to be a little less expensive, shipping wise? Sorry I don't have any more suggestions! Also sorry about my first post, looking back, it wasn't very helpful....

Old 03-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default blaster in ireland

you can try ebay its generaly not too bad for small stuff(cheaper to post/send) just enter the name of your quad into the search box and it will bring up loads of stuff that ya can trick out your quad with i just got a trial tech endurance (trip computer/speedo) for my yfz for less than 80euros and a reinforced stainless steel grab bar for less than 40
and
for the bigger stuff just ring directory enquiries and ask for your nearest yamaha atv dealer and most guys in bike shops will try thier best to help ya out and can probably get ya a price on most stuff if ya can give em a brand name of what ya want if not theres some real good dealers in the north that can prob help ya but still ebay can still give ya a good idea of how much is expensive if ya want any help mail me but your dead right it is an expensive hobby in our fair green land but still worth every penny when your driftin around the long sweepin bend in the forestry haha