Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wrecks

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-1999, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is everyone worst wreck? Mine I was sliding around a turn and when the rear went to far I tried to correct it and the rear came all the way back and smacked a small slope and roll over on me. Nothing was wrong with my Warrior but a bent steering stem which my local Yamaha dealer straighten. Besides being bruised and sore I am ready to go again.

Old 10-28-1999, 09:49 PM
Trailblazer

Mine was just recently. I was coming down out of the mountains at the end of a days ride. I going through some small ditches dug by a backhoe to divert runoff, kind of gassing it so I'd catch small (very small) air. Well I hit one at an angle and was literally "bucked" off my machine several feet up and over. I skidded on my a## like a rock on water . Basically tore my right butt cheek into ground beef. Healing well and back on the saddle.

chris

------------------

Old 10-28-1999, 11:22 PM
Trailblazer

Your guys' wrecks are mass weak. I have gottin in many worse wrecks. My worst one was up a huge hill. I came out of a turn and gunned it up the steep part. i hit a tree root and did a huge wheely. Then i rode up a tree and flipped it backword. My quad caught air of the tree then landed on my ankle and shatterd it. The 300 rolled down the hill. I bent my handlebars and levers, cracked my plastics, and somehow brok the thumbpiece on my throttle.

------------------
300ex... The Big Red Machine

Old 10-29-1999, 12:09 AM
Range Rover

Lets see...my worst wreck...ummmm...ok. 98 Artic Cat 454. 615 lbs. I was attempting a huge hill, doing the little ride half way up and roll back down thing, trying to pump myself up, cause the top of the hill had about a 3 or 4 foort lip that went straight up. I was thinking gun it and when i get to the lip just left off till i get my front tires over and gun it again. I'm hear to tell you, no matter what you ride...There are just some things gravity wont let you do. I finally got my guts up and hammered it. I dont know what happened when i hit the lip, TOO much speed or not enuff, But my front end came up and the best i can figure 1 tire caught a root or something and turned me completly sideways at about a 80 degree angle. So i bailed off rolled all the way down and got to my feet in time to see the last 4 or 5 flips my Kitty Cat was making. I have to admit..it was a pretty cool sight. DAMAGES: New handle bars, Speedometer,front shocks, brake lever. I couldnt figure out what happened to my front right shock. The best i can figure is the wheel caught on a upward roll and the shock was actually hyperextended out of the housing. The rod thing then stuck through my coils and wedge the body down against the wheels. To top it all off it was dusk and getting dark in a hurry. So i drove back with my handle bars scrubbing my gas tank. no brakes, and my front tire scrubbing. That was my 1st rollover and most damaging.

[This message has been edited by AC454 (edited 10-28-1999).]

Old 10-29-1999, 12:11 AM
Range Rover

the 615 lbs is the weight of Da Cat, not me