Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

anyone have a dealer like this??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2001, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yesterday i called the local motorcycle and atv shop to find out the price on some parts. so i call in and a lady that works there answeres the phone. i ask for the parts departments."just a sec" 45 minutes later, i think she forgot about me. so i call again, tell her what happened, she apologizes, and DOES THE SAME THING AGAIN. except i gave up after 30 minutes. today i borrow my aunts cell phone. i call the shop from the outside of their building. the second she says she is going to put me through to the parts department, she hangs up on me, and goes on with her other business.i go in there and explain how i just watched her hang up on me and how i am sick and tired of their crappy service and how i hate them overcharging me on every part i buy. they would have overcharged me 50 bucks on a helmet that i found somewhere else. 20bucks more for pants and 15 more for a jersy had i not gone to the next motorcycle shop in town. and for all this bitching i give them, they give me a 15% discount on anything i buy there. it pays to complain when you are being screwed by your atv or motorcycle dealer. anyone have similar stories?

Old 09-14-2001, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, that's happened to me before from my closest dealer.
That's why I have never bought any of my bikes or major parts/accesories from them. I usually drive about 1/2 hour to the next closest dealer where I buy all my bikes and quads from. Plus they usually have all the cool stuff in stock. Just a recent example was when I went to get my service manual.
I went to the close dealer to me and they didn't have it in stock.
So they took my name and # and said they'd call me when they get it.
I know better then that. So about a week later I went to the further dealer from me cause I needed some other parts and they had everthing in stock even the service manual. Needless to say the close dealer never called when they got them in. The Customer service has really gone down in the last few years.
Not to many people care anymore. Glad to see you confronted them, but even with the 15% discount I wouldn't go back. Later

Old 09-14-2001, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

If that 15% works on everything (and assuming they have quads, and you have money) i would go and buy about three quads. You would get 15 grand worth of quads, for around $12,750. Ohwell, hey yamahagye why havnt you gotten on aol lately? Fix your chain yet? Cya man

Derek