Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Have we learned our lesson?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2001, 08:01 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In light of the terroist attacks on our country, you think we (as ATV anthusiasts) would get our act together. Nations from around the world have come together for a common goal. Nations that once were bitter enemys. We as Americans have put aside our petty differances and united as one nation.
My point here is...We like to RIDE atv's. I ride with owners of ALL DIFFERENT MAKES of atv's. Our common goal should not be to waste our presious time squabbling about who's is faster or who's is better or breaks more, our time should be used to unite our sport. Our sport needs more organized trail systems. Our sport needs support from our lawmakers. If we get together and show our mass and unity, WE can change these things.
Support your local club or start a new one. Lets show them that we can have a safe and organized sport. Show them that we are united and strong. Look at the legeslative power that the NRA has. This is thru unity and organization.
If we continue fighting and bashing others, (even just brand loyalty) we will devide our sport and lose sight of our common goal. TO RIDE

Sorry about the flag waving....wait, No I'm not...We should be waving our flag! Think about the big picture. Stop the whining, stop the bashing, START RIDING!!!

Old 09-29-2001, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

....Everything you said Uncle Muck, Plus, I think the magazines need to get on everyone's case about "Tread Lightly", and trail etiquette in general.
We can't be alienating the other folks that are out on the trail, or we'll be the first ones kicked out.
.... Everytime I approach ANY other people, I slow way down, and wait to see who wants to let whom go by. People on horseback usually like to be the ones that get off the trail and let us go by. I always try to talk with most everyone I encounter on the trail, but sometimes the horses are a little nervous so I just wave and putt by.
..... There are a bunch of old folks that ride where we do, saw a group last week, one with an Oxygen tank and the little plastic breather tube! Cracked me up. I guess they figure they are going slow enough to not wear helmets, I think that is mistake. They think we ride too fast, they're right.
..... Then there are the worst of all, the young, teenage, wild, no helmets, no courtesy, roosting everything and everyone, tearing up grasslands and hillsides like they think they're duning. If I can catch them in the act I'll chase them down and beat the crap out of them. Of course I could just chase them down, easily done on my DS, and they would be so freaked they'd probably run off the trail and crack their helmetless heads open on a rock or tree. Problem solved.
.....If you are reading this and it sounds like YOU. Clean up your act before you get hurt, beat-up, or just plain ruin it for EVERYBODY!!
.....What Uncle Muck says is true, we must organize to protect our sport and the trails and places we ride. We must ride responsibly, even if we do ride fast.
....I spent two hours with the Forest Service "ATV" guy a couple of weeks ago, we are trading maps of the area where we ride. He said his worst problem with ATV's is where they have not stayed on one trail and created large areas of doughnuts and multiple dis-organized paths and trails, tearing up large areas of vegetation. This is not "Tread Lightly".
... So if you are reading this and it sounds like you,,,again..Keep your eye on the trail lest you get run off it by a big yellow DS that's ON YOUR ***![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2001, 12:53 PM
Trailblazer

Amen

Old 09-30-2001, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider

Its all true. We have got to unite as riders. We have got to consider others and our impact on the land.
Join the ATVA, a new spinoff of the AMA.
http://www.ATVAonline.com/