Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New Grizz 660 Has NO POWER Pics inside!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TG1

Well not sure if its a state funded trail, But this was part of the ITS trail system. Very nice trails.

How are the trails down in Jefferson? We are always looking for places to go and we cant find any trail maps worth a darn.

02 raptor : He just held the front brake and gave it too it.

Old 10-09-2001, 07:55 AM
TG1
Pro Rider

Grizzjeeper,
I didn't think they allowed atvs on the ITS trails. Maybe atving is making some headway with the snowmobling crowd. I've met quite a few who have nothing good about atvs because of a couple yahoos.
The trails down here aren't too bad, mostly power lines and old logging roads. For the most part people are pretty friendly. Even the people who ride their horses on the trails remark how considerate four-wheelers are. As for maps, the only one I've been able to find are the ones produced by the state. These mark most of the state's funded trails. I got my map at a local dealer but I’ve seen them on the Internet (can't remember where).
A side note: I was able to go riding with a couple of 660s a couple of weekends ago. Words can't describe how awesome they are. Cools looks, and a hell of a lot of power. Both were fairly brand new, and the owners were mighty proud (with good reason). One 660 actually became the tow vehicle for most of the wheelers when they got stuck.
Happy riding!!

Old 10-09-2001, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider

<< How the Hell do you do a Burn Out? I cant on my Lt 250! Is there some kind of Trick to it. All I thought you do is Lock the Front Brake and Pop the Clutch. Etc. What do I need to do? I have always wanted a Picture of me doing a Burn Out!! >>

You had one part right (lock up the front brake), but don't pop the clutch because it takes the weight off of your front tires. You have to kind of slip the clutch while keeping the revs up. Once the tires start spinning you can release the clutch and hammer on it.

It may be easier to do them on wood as shown in the pictures above. I've got a friend who has a 2001 Kodiak and he can do donuts on pavement. It's fun to watch. I'll see if I can get some pics of him.

-Josh

Old 10-09-2001, 10:30 AM
Range Rover

Nice pictures. My favorite would be the 3some pic. Maybe you could get those girls on your Grizzly doing a burnout. One driving and one on each rack. Now that would be a Kodak moment.

I did a burnout with my Polaris in my Dads garage. You could smell the rubber for a couple days. Boy was he upset, his hunting clothes was in their. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

2000 Polaris 325 Trailboss
~DG alloy bumper (for a 400 scrambler)
~Diamond plate aluminum skid plate
~K&amp;N jet kit with filter.
~RCR green spring &amp; air box modification
~Aaen exhaust
~MSR Dominator Handle bars
~Polaris black shock covers
~removed the rack
~removed front &amp; rear mud flaps