Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The DS is faster than the Banshee....

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-1999, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys i read in the 4-Wheel ATV Action magazine that the DS is faster than the Banshee in a drag on pavement. But do not worry it was only 2 tenths of a second faster than the banshee. So if you but any pipes on the banshee you can smoke it. Also in the shootout was a 88 250R and a 400EX. The 250R finish 2 tenths behind the banshee and the 400EX finish a full second behind the DS!!! In the article they seemed to rip on the banshee...said it rode terrible abd basically said it was a bad machine. i totally disagree....i love the banshee and i am sure i am not alone..i think it is one of the best quads, even though it is 12 years old. Another interesting fact is that they tested all the machines on a MX track and of course the 250R won but the other 3 were dead even all tied for 2nd. well just thought i would let ya know...im sure you have all seen this article already though

Loofer
88 Banshee

ps.
Top speed results
DS-74
Banshee-72
250R-70
400EX-64

Old 12-15-1999, 05:57 PM
Trailblazer

all four strokes suck

Old 12-16-1999, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW! 2 mph higher top speed. That sure makes all the difference in the world. I can see it now - every place the DS is ridden, it will be blasting by Banshees with that awesome 2 mph top speed difference. WOW! I am so sad. I can't believe that my poor old Banshee is THAT much slower. It might as well be an ATC110. It's obsolete, outdated, worn out, and pathetically slow now. BOO HOO HOO.

Today is a sad day. Realizing that every Banshee ever made is a piece of junk, ALL because of the 2 mph top speed difference, has turned my outlook for the new millennium into DOOMSDAY!!! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!! IT'S ALL THE FAULT OF THE DS650!!! AHHHHHH! AHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sorry. I was just practicing my Sam Kinison impression.

[This message has been edited by SandmanBlue (edited 12-16-1999).]

Old 12-16-1999, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys I don't know about you but just because the DS goes 2mph faster doesn't mean it is worth $1,500 more than a Banshee. So until they can make that ATV for the price of the Banshee I will always go Yamaha.

Old 12-16-1999, 02:19 PM
Range Rover

they can stick their ds650 right up their candya## my banshee will smoke their ds tank , i think they had to give the ds a push to beat the banshee

Old 12-16-1999, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

You guys crack me up. The DS is the best thing that could have happened to the Banshee. Now mabye Yamaha will get around to updating the thing, like they should have 8 or more years ago. Later Bob.

Old 12-17-1999, 12:44 AM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont know why these DS topics keep comming up..they should go away until the actual machine comes out. The extra money between the two is well spent on better handling and suspension travel. (something a yahama owner has never felt) The attitude everyone has about beating the banshee is really about decrowning it as the fastest stock atv (from 1990-1999) which is frankly about time. I am really,really tired of bragging banshee owners.

Old 12-20-1999, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

Personally I think that the article in the 4 Wheel ATV Action magazine was heavly bias towards everything except Hondas. I am not saying that just because I like Yamaha. But because through out the whole article they were bashing the DS and the Banshee while praising the 250R and 400EX.

Old 12-20-1999, 02:34 PM
Range Rover

I can agree with that statement, Warrior

4-Wheel ATV dose not like Yamahas in general
(a few exceptions have been the 00 Kodiak
and the Big Bear of recent years).

Some say they read Playboy for the Articles(and it has good ones too),
but I am serious when I say I read 4-Wheel
ATV(and Dirt Wheels), mainly for the pictures
and discrepences in the reporting.

I do not buy them, my paperperson leaves them after finishing.

The D.S.650 appears to be a success, ATV Magazine and ATV Sport have had features on it and they liked it, I'm sure they will have a contest real soon, stay tuned.

Great Day
Y2K

[This message has been edited by y2kodiak (edited 12-20-1999).]

Old 12-20-1999, 11:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe...just maybe they dont like yahama because there intelligent. How can you prase a machine like the banshee, or warrior. They have been the same forever....even with vital problems like the banshee airbox. They deserve there bad rep with dirt wheels. I bet dirt wheels probabilly liked them and spend as much time (some 10 years ago) on them as these new quads. Banshee owners, yes your day in the sun has been over.(for A LONG time) These new quads deserve praise, yesterdays (or last decade) quads do not.
Other companies cant help but beat the banshee because its very easy to do.
38 hp, 389 lbs a power to weight ratio that can be effortlessly beaten and this DS is only the first.

GO YAHAMA! (please make something better for the banshee owners, there getting embarrassed.)

[This message has been edited by Dominator (edited 12-20-1999).]

Quick Reply: The DS is faster than the Banshee....