Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Just for thought.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-1999, 10:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not been back here for awile. I have been pretty busy. I just got done reading about all of the complaining on the Grizz. I purchased a y2k Grizz in Sept. I now have 182 miles on it. I live in northern MN. I just looked at my brakes and they still look like new. I have never had a problem with this machine except for a nail that I managed to stick in the rear tire. I take very good care of it. It gets cleaned and lubed after every ride. Its even been waxed. I use it for hunting, fishing, and hauling wood. My wife and son ride it when I am not on it (and sometimes when I am on it). I think that any machine will run and last a long time if it is taken care of and not pushed beyond its limits. In my opinion this machine is best suited for cold climates. It does run hot. In the summer you can't run this machine with shorts on. But in the winter it is a blessing. It is not meant for racing or jumping. There are other machines for this. If I was going to do a lot of swamp or water running then then I would have picked a lighter machine. But I wanted a machine that would be reliable, automatic, 4x4 with 2 wheel option, and mostly I needed a machine that could work. Thats where the utility came in. When an individual is looking for a machine then you must pick the one that is right for you and the conditions that you are going to use it in. I am a very happy Grizz owner. But then again I am not trying to make this machine do what it was not intended to do.

Lyle