Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior Clutch Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2000, 10:31 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend has a '95 Warrior that is consuming a new clutch at a rate of about one per week. At about $95 a pop, he's looking for a part-time job to pay for this machines cravings. He installed a EBC Clutch kit which comes with just about everything except instructions. We installed it the same way you would install a stock clutch (soaking the fiber plates in motor oil, thoroughly cleaning everything, slipping the clutch immediately after initial start-up, etc). We even went as far as to call EBC themselves. These people are salesman only--I don't think they know which end of the rachet the socket goes on. The only thing that we did that may be questionable is installing the waved springs between the 3rd and 5th fiber disks just like the stock clutch has. The EBC clutch does not have these springs in their so-called kit. Anyone else have any major slipping problems from a EBC clutch?

Old 01-02-2000, 07:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

remove the springs between the 3rd and 5th disks the kit dosent need them

Old 01-11-2000, 06:55 PM
Trailblazer

first, the only clutch for a yamaha, is a stock one, i ran an ebc "super duper kevlar extra plate" crap, junk, thing lasted 15 min in my banshee
if your going through that many clutches,it is probably time to address your friends clutching habits,
tell him to stop "dumping" it at high revs to see the kewl rooster tails!!!!

Old 01-11-2000, 08:25 PM
Trailblazer

I have just put a complete Barnett clutch kit in my Warrior. EBC clutchs are also good. That is what just came out of mine(after about a year and half). No, you don't need the cusion springs. I did not run them in mine. I don't know about slipping teh clutch after installation(I don't) but you do need to soak the fibers.
When you take the old plates(fibers) out, is all of the fiber part worn out. If so I don't know what your problem is. But if they are not worn out, here is some possibilities: are you running synthetic oil, if so thats your problem run regular oil; are you putting 2 thick steel plates and 4 thin steel plates in it. Your clutch basket could be worn out. Your back pressure plate could be worn out. If none of them is your problem, then I would take it to a pro. You can tell if the clutch basket is worn out, by felling the edges of the tabs on it. If they have ridges in it, then that could be your problem.

96 Banshee and 96 Warrior