Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BANSHEE INFO HERE PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey i just recently bought a new 2002 banshee and i know what some mods i want but i was just wondering what sizes are good (tires rims) i might bee doing mx and some trail riding, and what are some other mods for shees thanks

Old 10-31-2001, 01:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

In order of importance

(1) Pipes

(2) Pro design Pro Flow. Your choice of filter

(3) Learn to ride it!!!

RoostKing...

Old 10-31-2001, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

Well....the most noticable improvement would be pipes and silencers. And of course the associated jetting. Pro-flow filter is nice. If I was going to be using a banshee for trails all the time, or even MX, I would drop a tooth on the front sprocket. Makes the gearing more usable for trails.
An aftermarket reed cage is nice...but not important in the beginning.

Some people like the 8 inch rims. They hold up a bit better than the other larger varieties. As far as tires go. On the trails, I swear by bandits. The tread pattern is plenty aggressive for many different situations..and they wear very well. The only downfall is that they are heavy. But if this is your first banshee...your not going to feel the extra weight. Tires like holeshots are good for MX...but do not last long at all.
After you get a feel for the banshee and start jumping and riding really aggressive, You will want to do something with the front shocks...But this is going to be costly. The rear can be made a bunch better with revalving, which is way cheaper than buying a whole new unit.

I would say to ride the machine for a while...It will not take long for you to decide where the machine needs improving.... My recommendations are just that....It's hard to tell what mods you are going to like based on I how ride.

People downgrade the banshee when used as a trail machine...In order to make the banshee work for me, I ended up going with a 1 inch shorter swing and extended A-arms/shocks. The banshee is now perfect for trails or MX...with plenty of get up to leave many machines behind on a fire road.

Old 10-31-2001, 09:03 PM
Trailblazer

ok one thing i KNOW HOW TO RIDE
i have rode alot...... i just want some sizes!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2001, 11:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Banshee, I didnt mean to imply that you dont know how to ride. I should have been more clearer. Is what I meant is that if you have never ridden a Banshee, they are peaky, it takes a different approach. Anyhow, have fun, Banshees rock!

Roostking...