Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Just got RZ350 jugs for my Banshee now how do I make 'em work?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2001, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kiwi and thenewfie... don't let mr knowsalot keep you from giving me the info. I'm happy to hear from you guys on this project.
Beside if mr knowsalot knew so much he would realize that sooner or later all factory parts have to be imported 'cause as great as America is, nothing is made here.
And don't worry about the FBI standing on your porch because of what you said. They can't keep the local weed broker from selling his wares on the corner and they can't stop the illegals from jumping the fence into this country I'm sure they've got better things to do than chase you down.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Thanks again and any more info you come across will be much appreciated.

Old 11-03-2001, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

knowsalot, hmmmm allot in a name isn't there......

OK i'll bite: WATCH WHAT YOU SAY........

really....

Allot of people are interested in my opinion, so much so that i'm a technical moderator on MacDizzies Two stroke technology page, a postion I gained by invitation, same as at blaster central.......

as for the FBI send em on down ...... I'm quakin in my boots.. geez.......

FACTS:

I'm an honours Degree qualified Engineer, I work for a large international consultancy firm, yeah that's right I make my living providing consulting engineering advice and SOLUTIONS to paying clients. Thats right They pay for my factual knowledge balanced with experience of what works in providing them with a cost effective solution to suit their needs. And yes I've worked around the world in several countries outside my own........

Enginering based on facts,experience and rational logical reasoning, this does not mean that "I know it all", far from it, but as a trained Engineering professional I'll always look,listen,enquire,dig out the facts, then if i'm able to, I'll make a balanced logical opinion available..... if not, I'll make a referal to someone who can.

New Zealanders by virtue of our some what isolated geographic location are very innovative... lets see, import some over priced ported parts or bolt on some Yamaha parts from a nearly identical model, and heck it actually works better ...........

That American desert quad legend, Dean Sundahl, heck what would he know about banshee's..... he used RZ power for years kicking everyones butts........

Guess your not interested in the DT200R watercooled powervalved cylinders that bolt straight onto the blaster bottom end, oppps that right they where never sold in the US therefore they're no good right...... Canada has plenty of them though, as does the rest of the world.........

In fact the rest of the world got and still gets allot of very fast two stuff stuff you guys never got to see.......... Pity, the sound of a Suzuki 500cc 4 cylinder square four two stroke really is something...... as are the Yam V4 500's..... all with working powervalves and other giggery pokery......

later...... I've said my piece.

Kiwi

Old 11-03-2001, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

wait wait WAIT!!! You've got a liquid cooled power valved jug that bolts up to a Blaster?!?! Are the pics on your site with the other stuff? I've got an 01 blaster that is aching for some hop ups.
ps
got any job openings for engineering trainees? Chicago weather is gonna start to SUCK real soon!

Old 11-03-2001, 02:39 AM
The Facility

What's in a name you ask? Never did I intoduce myself as KNOWITALL. It seems to me that you are trying to compare knowledge or something. You've got me beat on the RZ for sure. I have to know about every brand,model,year changes,mid year updates,and anything else you can think of. Not only does that apply to the ATVs. But the Street bikes, Dirt Bikes, and Watercraft. I also have to keep up with the performance spectre of all those markets as well. The American market. Somehow in between posts we've got on the wrong course. I apologize for offending you earlier. But my point on the subject regarding the use of the RZ in the states still stands. I guess it's just a disagreement between the two of us. Since You seem to be in the KNOW with the RZ, I'll let you guys get to business on it. KNOWSALOT

Old 11-03-2001, 03:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

How did the FBI get involved? 3 wheelers were basically banned 15 years ago... They chase drivers on cell phones now!!!

RoostKing.

Old 11-03-2001, 05:14 AM
Pro Rider

Knowsalot:

OK let bury the hatchet.

What dealership / brand are you involved with ?

My brother Brett ownes a Suzuki / Yamaha franchise here in NZ, plus we were heavily involved in jetski racing (Kawasaki) in the late 80's and ahve been riding and racing dirt bikes for about 25 years now....... Brett sponsors several road race and motorcrosser riders at present.

Kiwi

Old 11-03-2001, 09:23 AM
The Facility

Kiwi, understand that I,m not avoiding your question in spite. But I post things on here that helps guys in situations and disputes with manufacturers and dealerships. So just to keep all the dealers and OEMs off of MY porch with torches and sticks, I won't say in one post ALL the OEMs that I handle or what city my dealership is located. KNOWSALOT

Old 11-03-2001, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

I never knew that a DT200 cylinder would bolt onto a Blaster bottom end.
In 1985 I bought a DT 200 that was a year old, and I still can't believe how that bike rocked! An indicated 95mph on the highway, and it would get there quick. It could wheelie like crazy, and I had a couple of bad wipe out doing 4th gear wheelies.
That bike was sooo much fun, I only wish that I still had it. At the time I never had my motor cycle licience, and running from the cops was a weekly occurence for me. I used to go down town and pull wheelies up and down main street, thinking I was hot $hit cause I wasn't afraid of the cops.
Cycle Canada called in The Most Underated Superbike of the Year for 1984.
Now you've made me want to buy a Blaster.

Knowsalot,
I, for one, am not afraid to state on opinion that others may not like, despite the tragedy of Sept. 11th.

Old 11-04-2001, 03:28 AM
Pro Rider

Yup the 84/85 DT 200 with the 37F engine was the base for the blaster engine.

Yamaha turned it into a budget engine by fitting an an enlarged aircooled top end orginally from the DT175 trail bike. Later DT-R's went to the case reed engine as also used in the WR200, lots of bits interchange but the cylinder on these later engines is a no go for the blaster.

The 37F Dt-R cylinder bolts straight on, as does all the DT ignition (stator / flywheel) As with the RZ Banshee you need to mount a 12 Volt battery somewhere to power up the powervalve servo. If you check the blaster fiche it even calls up the little tool box strap at the rear of the airbox as a battery strap...... opps.......

On the Blaster Yam changed the pitch of the primary gears, you have to use the DT primary gear and clutch hub so that the water pump gear meshes properly. Best bet is to run the DT clutch case though it is straight forward to finish the drilling / tapping for the water pump mounting plate into the Blaster case. You have to machine the DT clutch hub to take the Blaster mainshaft bushing, not a biggy. Alternatively the DT-R engine bolts straight in and has a wider gearbox range than the Blaster (equivalent of an extra gear over the blasters top cog) which would be beneficial.

One of the Blaster central regulars is just about completed a conversion using engine parts I sourced for him out of Canada. another has a whole DTR ready to transplant and a couple more have located the bits necessary......

These engines (DT 200R - 37F) are still in production in both Yamaha South America and in Yamaha Europe wher DT-R's complete with disc brakes etc are sold as hot street/Trail bikes...... so parts are not an issue, YOU JUST HAVE TO IMPORT EM if you want em......

If one is willing to look laterally all sorts of good things can be found out........... plus you have to have a little mechanical ability....... and eyes open for the opportunity......

nothing new under the sun in the Yamaha engine world..........

All the info is on my website...............

How much money should I be charging for all this info ....??

Kiwi

Old 11-04-2001, 03:49 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe you know the answer to a question I've been asking myself for quite some time... Do they ride Banshees in Japan and if so I want websites or some other kind of pics. After all YOU are a lot closer to Japan than I am.

Quick Reply: Just got RZ350 jugs for my Banshee now how do I make 'em work?