Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Grizzly Silver paint plastic problems? Which color is best?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 09:51 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SILVER HANDS DOWN

Old 12-05-2001, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

TonyG,

I tried going to clear-guard.com and keep being redirected to "free server space"...is that web space still up? I do have some scratches on my Silver Grizz, but that's simply due to the places I've taken it. When I need to I'll get some touch up, and should it ever get bad enough, just have pieces repainted. As for the front grill guard..yes the whole system is better lookin than it is tough. Right after I got my Grizz, I hadn't bought my trailer yet, so had borrowed a friends. Needlesstosay, there was a small bolt hidden by a rubber bunge cord. When I got to my destination, I had a nice little depression right in the center of my bumper.

Then, on another ride, I was winching my brother-in-laws AC500 out of some goo, and his girlfriend was riding the Cat....just as I quit reeling the cat in, she hit the throttle and rammed the front of my grizz. The bumper part that is in front of the headlight bent backwards and pushed the plastic fender in a ways. I couldn't pull it back out by hand, so I tied the back of the Grizz off to a tree, and slung my winch around another tree, with a ****** block came back and hooked to the bumper and pulled it out with the winch. The plastic wasn't hurt a bit, but I know that my front bumper isn't as strong as I would like.

Problem is they're so damn good looking. <g>

Old 12-05-2001, 12:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey SliverBear, I justed ordered a Clear Guard Kit for my nepews DS650
(x-mas present), I accessed their website www.clear-guard.com and order online.Try it again........

Old 12-05-2001, 06:52 PM
Trailblazer

SilverBear,
I tried the site and got right in, try it again.
www.clear-guard.com
I just installed the kit with my wife this past Saturday...it came with the 4 sections for the 4 fender tops and 4 narrow sections for the vertical outside edge. I like it, but it would be helpful if you or who ever you have put it on had some window tint experience. It's similar as to the process but slighty more difficult. For the outside edge pieces, they have included a adhesion enhancer, they come in small packets. This will allow for this edge to be more durable...withstanding rubbing against trees and things like that, to a point! This is cool for any quad, but a must for us Silver nitwits that insist on a cool looking quad!
As far as the grill goes, you have that right...not functional. I was considering ways to strengthen it but I'm not sure how to accomplish this.
Welding gusets at a variety of points would take care of the weaknesses. Keep in mind, I don't smash into things but this just a tad weak for me.
One more thing, my "wife" was the one with the tint experience!!!

Tony

Old 12-05-2001, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

12Pack & TonyG,

You guys are either funnin with me, or I'm seriously handicapped. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] This time when I typed in http://www.clear-guard.com I got some ironman web site. Hahaha...

The stuff sounds awesome, and yes a silvertipped bear needs something like that! Unfortunately I do have some tinting experience...a big mess type of experience.

I have also looked long and hard at the front bumper. I believe that I'll end up welding some gusets and then probably see if I can get the bumper powder coated when I'm done.

SilverBear

Old 12-06-2001, 07:39 AM
Trailblazer

SilverBear,
Try 814-337-7027...ask for John, tell him Tony Gladski sent ya!

Tony

Old 12-06-2001, 06:53 PM
Trailblazer

Hey SilverBear have you seen the accessories for the New Grizz yet?

I'm wanting the brushguard and grab bar guard, also like the cv guards with the bear engraved in them coool.... bash plate front and back...
should be a good christmas... I hope.

burnoffski

Old 12-06-2001, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

Where'd you see those accessories? I can't find them on the Yamaha site.

Old 12-06-2001, 09:47 PM
Trailblazer

YukonRon,
I called YAMAHA customer service to see when the new accessories were coming out for the 2002 ATV's and they informed that they were out so I had them send me a catalog. I bet your dealer should either have them or be getting them soon.

Its real cool they have a section just for the 2002 Grizzly you all will like. It is a little pricey, but they look great.

I checked the web too I guess they just have not updated their site yet.

Old 12-07-2001, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks burnoffski, I'll check it out.

Quick Reply: Grizzly Silver paint plastic problems? Which color is best?