Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

wolverine, let the mods begin...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2001, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say you could take the case that you ahve to work the clutch arm into to a machine shop, and take it to a yamaha dealer or licensed mechanic and have it done, but another thing you have to look at is: What machine is the clutch plates out of? Or do you have to special order them? My guess is if the wolverine has 6 gears like the warrior, it will require warrior clutch discs, but just a presumption.

Old 11-23-2001, 07:56 AM
Pro Rider

The clutch pplates would most likely be from a Wolverine, as they're already there in the motor.

There are two ways to convert it to a manual clutch. One is to go in to the left side case and tie into the clutch accuation mechanism that's there. This allows you the option of leaving the primary clutch in place, which means you'll have to use the clutch to shift, but not to start and stop. A good thing if you ride in mud.

The second way is to do the conversion on the right side of the case, I believe using Warrior parts.

If you were to go with the 500cc kit you would be pretty much forced to put in a fully manual clutch because the primary clutch won't stand up to the increased hp and torque.
You'll have to gid rid of it, or you'll be replacing it alot.

You can send you engine to FST and he will do the work.

I still wouldn't recommend this kind of thing unless you are comfortable elbow deep in a motor.

Old 11-23-2001, 11:45 AM
Trailblazer

In reference to SpDdEmOn FST price on the 500cc stroker kit (actually a 490cc) according to the May issue of ATV Action Magazine's "Warrior Buildup" that kit was listed as costing $1075. But you would have to call FST and get the details as to what you get for that price.

Old 11-23-2001, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

didnt realize they had clutch discs i a wolverine, i heard that they only had clutch boots or such.

Old 11-24-2001, 12:15 AM
Range Rover

Man, I wish I could get my cousin to type out how to configure the Wolverine for manual clutch because I went there on vacation this summer and he said that he set one of his friends Wolverines up with a manual clutch and said that it was easy to do.. He's a mechanic and he owns a 2000 Banshee. From what I remember him telling me, its not hard at all. I'm going to see if I can get him to e-mail me instructions on how its done but I'm not sure if he will be able to explain it well enough to me through an e-mail. I'll ask and see what he says. I have a hard time getting hold of him because he doesn't check his e-mail often.. If I do get it, I'll surely post it for you guys..

My Site

Old 11-24-2001, 03:00 PM
Range Rover

About golden west cycles ad, the stage I contains an exhaust,k&n filter,splitfire plug & main jet.

Please help me & explain what the main jet is. I have a good idea but not to sure. THANKS,WILL

Old 11-24-2001, 04:08 PM
Range Rover

One more thing, if I do buy the stage I does it mean I'll need to purchase a JET KIT for all the mods to perform well??? THANKS

Old 11-24-2001, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Hey thanks GrizRodder. Does anyone know how much for sure the manual clutch is for the Wolverine and if I was going to put one on my bike though I would want to have to use it for takeoff and for slowing down, that way it would be easier to gett the front end up. I can already (when on pavement) without popping the clutch, hammer the throttle and jerk back as hard as I can and stand it straight up. I think it wold be a whole lot easier if I had the stock 23" Dunlops on it though.

Old 11-25-2001, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

75 dolalrs in an older dirtwheels, it's the one that featured the 500cc wolverine, and 500cc kodiak gncc race machines

Old 11-25-2001, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

Sweet thanx man

Quick Reply: wolverine, let the mods begin...