Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Suggestions on the 02 Kodiak 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 12:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Disney,

I don't know alot about the differant machines,I have only been aroung three brands, Yamaha, Arctic Cat, and Polaris.

My sister and her hubby both have polaris', they also have one for there little boy, every time we have been out with them (which is every other weekend) one of the machines has broken down. Usually ends op being electrical.

My father, mother, brother, uncle, aunt and myself (up until this week) all have cats. Never had a problem, crawled up mountains, winched ourselves up cliffs, drove throught creeks and all. They are by no means fast, but very strong. They all have a squeek though. Not sure why or what it is.

My husband bought a gizz silver tip last month. He loves it. No problems so far. We went on a ride up a mountain, got into about 6 inches of snow. We put all our machines in 4 wheel drive, he stayed in 2. Said a few times it got a little hairy, sliding a little with drop offs on one side of the road, but never did pop it into 4.

He likes the fact that it is diff from everyone elses.

Every one was giving him s&&%# the first day out, due to the fact it wasn't a cat, but by the end of the day, they were all praising the machine.

I have already caught heck from my pop, he is calling me a trader [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
for buying the Kodiak, I just keep telling him he is going to want it after he sees how well it will match his 76 Ford (black and silver). Hopefully it won't let me down on the mountain, and pop will be eating crow!

Good luck in your search. Let me know what you end up with. I still don't have my Kodiak yet, hoping for Monday.

Mrs. Silverbear

Old 12-07-2001, 11:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got back from the Yamaha dealer here in town.He told me he will not have any Grizz or Kodiak's in till mid Jan.He also said that one of the Grizz is tore apart in the shop,valve problems & the rep. is coming down to have a look at it.Also told me to hold off on the Grizz till they get all the problems solved.Here in town he has only sold a few.Will keep you posted.Glad to hear your husband's Grizz is running good.Lots of luck.