Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Suggestions on the 02 Kodiak 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2001, 03:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After (rider error) popping my 300 artic cat manual up on its hind legs, I told my husband it was time for an automatic.

I looked at the Kodiak today. I ride rough mountain trails, and like to climb over rocks, trees, and anything in my path. My cat has been good to me, but scared me a little when I shifted down with the engine revved to high going up a steep ravine, popped the front end streight up. Made it to the top with no roll-overs but realized I may be a little to in-experienced for a manual to ride in the places I like to.

Anyone have the 02 Kodiak 4x4? What kind of conditions do you ride in? Are you happy?

Thanks in advance,
Mrs. Silverbear

Old 12-02-2001, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

Yes I have one, I love it, nice and smooth. When you ride it for the first time after 5 years on an auto clutch it is wierd with no shifter, its very easy to get used to though. It has the 2wd/4wd button like the Griz but it doesnt have the Diff-Lock(dang). I think the only difference with the 2001 to the 2002 is that they changed the headlight bulbs to a brighter bulb(they are bright). I have the Blue Special Edition model, those are only avaliable here in Canada.

Old 12-05-2001, 12:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for your post. Not to many responses, but I took the jump anyhow.

See my trailer for the NEW machine! I hope I love the performance as much as I love the looks!

Thanks again,

Old 12-05-2001, 10:08 AM
Range Rover

MrsSilverbear,

I notice that you mentioned in another thread that a dealer told you that they would not honor the warranty on a Black Kodiak that you would have to buy in Canada. I see that you bought one, did you go to Canada to get it? I really want a blue Grizzly, but they are only available in Canada also. Please let me know how you got yours.

Thanks,
Lorrin[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2001, 12:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

leel,

No, I am having it shipped to me. Shipping is only $120.

Go to www.crmotorsport.bc.ca they have a toll free number 888-448-2453. I am sure you could get the color you want.Geoff is the person I delt with. He is a really nice guy. I told him I was not going to pay more for one up in Canada even though they had to ship it. He made it work. Dropped the price of the machine quite a bit. Something the local area deallers would not do. I understand, I am a business owner too, but I really wanted the Black one.

Old 12-05-2001, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

Nice, my neighbour has the black one, its nice, but I prefer Blue. Thats a good price to get it shipped down...you'll probably be one of the only people doing that. You'll have one of a kind down there in your area.

Hope you'll like it.

Old 12-05-2001, 11:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am counting on having one that few others around me have. I like to be a little differant.

I am sure I will love it. The hardest part about buying it this way is the wait. I was told if the money wire gets there by tomorrow, then it will ship Friday, and I should have it by next weekend. The trip is already planned!! Just hope it shows up.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-06-2001, 09:28 AM
Range Rover

Mrssilverbear,

Do you know how to convert the Canadian prices to US dollars? Did you ever get an answer to the problem about your dealer said that he didn't have to honor your warranty?

Thanks,
Lorrin

Old 12-06-2001, 01:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

leel

Just call a local bank and find out the exchange rate for today, I think it is $1 USA for every $1.60 Canadian, not sure though.

As far as the response regarding warrenty work, the Canadian dealer said US dealers have to warrenty it. The local dealer says they don't. So who knows. I just hope and pray I don't need any warrenty work:-)

Mrs Silverbear

Old 12-06-2001, 11:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Mrs. Silverbear, I am not a dealer in Canada.Just a farmer & factory worker looking to buy a new machine.I will be going to the Yamaha dealer next week to buy a new machine since I am on holidays.Will let you know how I make out. Not sure what I am getting yet either a Grizz,Kodiak or Pro.Looking for the best machine for my needs any suggestions.Think of the Grizz,just reading all the posts to see what problems they are having.Will get back to you.

Quick Reply: Suggestions on the 02 Kodiak 4x4