Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2002 250ex for a 2000 Banshee??

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 11:31 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a trade setup for my 250EX and $500 dollars for a 2000 Banshee that has a pipe and Rental handle bars. Its blue and its got some light scratches... My 2002 is pertty much new and it has about about 5 hours of total ride time and its in new condition... I have been looking for a faster bike since I bought it pretty much.. And after my nephews bought Yamaha Blasters and where smoking me left and right.. (1 of my nephews is 225lbs and he was still smokng me in my 250EX) I pleased with the overall performance just not its speed... what should I do? should I get the banshee or stay with the slow BUT new 250ex?

PS... I dont trail ride and i dont go MX tracks.. .Im just a rider that loads up his bike and goes and has all ***** out fun... I jump but dont plan on doing any double or triple jumps now or in the near future...

Old 12-04-2001, 01:18 PM
Trailblazer

DAMMM looking for help to come into the Yamaha family and no one has anything to say????

Old 12-04-2001, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

SACRILEGE!

Old 12-04-2001, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give us a little time to respond! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If the Banshee is as clean as it sounds, I would say it is a good deal. You won't regret the step up in performance.

Old 12-04-2001, 01:46 PM
Trailblazer

CBUS660R, I dont have to much time to make up my mind and I dont want the deal to go sour If I take to long to make up my mind.. What should I look for?

According to the guy the 250ex is going to be replacing his wifes Shee that is to powerful for her... She doesnt like the maual clutch either...

On another note is this bike a good bike for lets say wheelies & and milled jumping?

thanks

Old 12-04-2001, 01:50 PM
Range Rover

Everyone is entitled to make mistakes & you seem like you've made a big mistake with your 2002 250ex....You style of riding begs for nothing else, but a screamer within a Banshee. Last I checked for a brand new 01 Banshee was somewhere in the price range of $5299.00 otd. Hope this helps. By the way I rode a 250ex and it felt like a 3.5hp push-mower. Variety is the spice of life and I don't think there's nothing quite like a Banshee!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] If the price is right go with the Banshee, but beware of abuse, two-strokes require a little more T.LC. than a four-stroke.

Old 12-04-2001, 02:06 PM
Trailblazer

I know about the more TLC and I havent seen the bike... the bike is like 30mins away from my house and Im going to go see it saturday... The guy is way cool... he even offered to take me out riding in the banshee the whole day and then I can make up my mind afterwards.. He knows for a fact that there is nothing wrong with mine cause a friend of mine is a fiend of his and he told him how I take care of my things... So he told me that he is only getting rid of it for his wifes pleasure.. and ofcourse a X-mas present for his wife...

Maxima thanks for your advise...and yeah you know what they say "You learn from your mistakes" lol I hate to say this but Dad you told me so.... lol

Old 12-04-2001, 02:07 PM
Range Rover

What shape is the Banshee in? Like a 1-10 scale with a 10 being showroom new. Do you have any records of repairs that have been done? Who did the pipe and the jetting? Was it tuned properly for the pipe? Has it ever been run low on oil? You know the history on the Honda, if you have the history on the Yami I would say it is a good deal. Try to get an even up trade though and keep your 500 bucks. From the way the market looks your Honda will keep its value longer than the Banshee.

Old 12-04-2001, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its his wifes quad and he'll take you out for a day of test riding? What do you have to loose. When you ride it, you'll be able to tell if its in good shape or not. Does it shift ok? How's the clutch? Are the tires good? Do the brakes work fine? How hard is it to start? These are just a few of the questions to keep in mind when you ride it. You have an unbelievable advantage in that you are being given a chance to fully eveluate your potential purchase. As far as money goes, how much money would it cost you to get your 250EX to Banshee level performance, if its even possible (I don't think it is)? Certainly not $500.

Old 12-04-2001, 03:15 PM
Trailblazer

CBUS660R Thats exactly what I said... so I will go up there this saturday and check it out.. I want a bike that is easy to modify and the parts are easyly available... unlike the 250EX I can hardly fiond thinkgs I want for it... you see a hole lot of things for all the other bikes... thanks guys...

the reason Im doing this is cause I dont want to make a mistake like the one I did when I bought a kids quad.. lol

Quick Reply: 2002 250ex for a 2000 Banshee??