Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

left cv has 1 inch of play ? 660 grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 03:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4X4~

That's great! Let me know what he says. The more dealers we can add to the "good" list, the better!

SilverBear

Old 12-21-2001, 04:36 PM
Trailblazer

just talked with a yamaha mech, i was told yamaha knows of the problem and is looking into it. this dealership had one repaired and one is in the service dept now.
he said there is no new clip, looking into the front diferental see what the problem. he said all would be fixed even those out of warranty.

Old 12-23-2001, 09:24 PM
Trailblazer

MINES AS LOOSE AS A GOOSE. TUES OFF TO THE DEALER WE GO. THE DEALER WHERE I AM TAKING IT.ALL READY HAS FIXED 2 OF THEM. I FIGURE HES GOOD AT BY NOW.

Old 12-27-2001, 09:58 AM
Trailblazer

does anybody know what parts need to be replaced. any updated informations on this topic. bringing mine in the shop thurs. heard somewhere the parts to fix this are back ordered.hope thats not the case.

Old 12-28-2001, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer

noticed something new yesterday. checking out the left cv joint. when in 2 wheel drive there is play, once you switch over to 4 wheel drive or put the locker on the play goes away. dropping off wed can't wait to get the thing looked at. looking to buy some 27'' gators soon. has anybody had theres fix yet and what parts needed replacement

Old 12-29-2001, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider

JohnPaul~

Still haven't taken mine in. The parts aren't in yet/tech is on vacation. *sheez* Take your pick.

I noticed that right away, when I took it into my dealer to show him the cvjoint slip, I unloaded it from my truck and it wouldn't budge. Well, my truck is a Dodge Ram 4X4 with a suspension lift and 35" tires, so whenever I load it, I always put it in 4 low and lock the diff. (the thought of slipping and falling off the ramps scare the bejeezes outta me), 'course the dealer is looking at me like I've got mush for brains, then I took it out of 4X4 and the axle pulled right out.

When I get mine in, I will post everything, and I would sure appreciate it if you and everyone else would do the same.

Thanks,

SilverBear

Old 12-29-2001, 09:13 AM
Trailblazer

cool site, real nice pics and quads. how do you like the claw tires looking for something for hardpack and some mud.

Old 12-29-2001, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

JohnPaul~

Thanks for the comments on the web site. It's a start.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I love the Claws. I really stewed over which tires to get for my Grizz, and so I started a thread, heck way back in November, and this reason was actually the main reason I went looking for information on the internet, and found these forums. The question to my thread was which wheels & tires to get for the Grizz. Well, the overwhelming response was Bi/Tri Claw. I don't ride mostly mud, as we don'thave alot of it, but you can tell from the pics on my web site...we do find it, and I wanted a tire that would eat mud up when and if we ran across it. I also wanted a tire that would do excellent on trail riding, rock climbing, & snow. These tires are mind blowing. They're not bad at all on hardpack, I'm sure you can find a smoother tire, but it won't have near that tread that the claws have. Belows some reviews that I took into consideration as well as other folks suggestions to come to the conclusion that the Bi/Tri claw tire was for me. (The actually going on the wifes Kod as soon as I can sell her stock rim's and tires)

http://www.atvnews.com/output.cfm?id=48925
http://www.mudtires.com/tire_reviews.html

Actually, JohnPaul, you can also ask Andy Bassham about Bi/Tri Claw tires, he's the one who really convinced me, and I'm sold on these things. Andy will shoot straight with you.

Best of Luck,

SilverBear