Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

do blasters have cams????

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dunno about that, BTW I am 14 and I work on all my own stuff so what if your 13 ?

Old 12-28-2001, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

Now come on killer. I can remeber a few of your less inteligent posts.

Old 12-28-2001, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

that reminds me of my old boss when I used to cut grass. He was a small engine mechanic (used to teach at the VoTech) and a pathological liar! Anyways.. one day I was commenting on how much better this particular string trimmer was running.. he said "yes sir, last night, I brok the engine down, shortened the timing chain and grind down the valves.. runs like a charm now" It was all I could do NOT to laugh in his face. It was kinda like a joke between me and my bud that worked with him.. always talking about grinding the valves in string trimmers etc..

He died last year (chain smoker, lung cancer), I sure miss him. Told some good stories. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

don't feel bad for asking, that is the ONLY way you will learn [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-29-2001, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

Check out howstuffworks.com and look up 2 stroke {Blasters have a 2 stroke engine} and 4 stroke {400EX's and Raptor's have 4 stroke engines} and it will give you animated screens to show how each one works. I'm glad to hear you are big enough to ask a question that may sound stupid. I have a 13 year old cousin that I'm guardian for and all he wants to do is eat, talk, and wreck things. Welcome to the club and don't worry about asking questions.

Old 12-29-2001, 01:11 AM

13???? when I was thirteen... dang... I fuggen, was workin on crap all the time... I really wanted a blaster, but I didn't have any money, so I made a go-cart with my dad... man, that thing had NO bottom end... but, heh, once my dad brought home a 240 honda 4 stroke that some crooked small engine dude said was sh*t, I threw it all back together, took it all apart again to put the fuggen pushrods back in it (LOL! "WTF are these things, dad?&quot and sure enough, fired it up and ran like a charm...

that same engine hasn't been touched since then, and is sitting on the bench in the garage right now... dang, if I had have had that engine maybe 3 years ago... man, that would have been SO SWEET... but, too late... dang...

but, I may have threw simple OHVs back together, but I didn't even know what a cam was, so, I suck...

Old 12-29-2001, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

I got my 250x when I was 13.. started ridin 3 wheelers when I was 8. Never really got into the mechanics etc. till I got that X. By the time I sold it, I knew everything about it.

Old 12-29-2001, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

If you wana have fun with mechanics at dealers when you take your 2 stroke in to get any work done ask them to adjust the valves while they're at it. I always used to ask the parts guys about it and they'd give me the weirdest looks and pretend like they knew what I was talking about. LOL, either that or ask them to replace the muffler bearings. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-29-2001, 09:49 PM
Range Rover

Im 15 and do all of the machanical work on my bike. I also did all of the machine work thay was nessary when I put in the 240 kit.

Old 12-29-2001, 10:00 PM

You did the machine work? that's pretty hard to believe, but, I'll believe you out of good will...

Old 12-29-2001, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

Why would any of you laugh?

Thats rediculous.
Just because some people know the basics of engines, does not mean everyone does.
Is that so hard to realize?

Sounds like Killer and whoever else was 'laughing' is trying to boost himself up, by
trying to push someone else down. Maybe it is just immaturity.

Sorry, I just dont see why someone would LAUGH when someone asked a question that you already knew the answer too. Whats funny about that?

-Matt

Quick Reply: do blasters have cams????