Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

NEED HELP IM GOING INSANE

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want a 2-stroke, but my warrior is great, will a blaster make up for a warrior? not caring about reverse and electric start. is a blaster powerful? more suspention? Maybe Ill get a Banshee I'm not that happy with many quads, theyre either not what i want or not what i need. Something with plenty of power, and some extras, im a suspention freak if there isnt more than 7" suspention than i dont want that quad. are blasters powerful? whats the top speed? will it make up for the power on my warrior? What are the cheapest and best mods for a blaster? What kind of a-arms could I use to make it wider? if i put banshee a-arms on it, do you change the rear axle? i heard dura lube makes good axles.
I NEED A GOOD QUAD THAT IM HAPPY WITH SO I CAN STOP POSTING! HELP ME, AND ILL STOP POSTING!

Old 12-30-2001, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

Why dont you just get everything you want out of a stock raptor or a ds and maybe even a cannondale. All I know is that a blaster is for the youger smaller people if you fit in that area. But if you want a real quad get one of the big boy's.

Old 12-30-2001, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Get a Banshee. They have lots of power, speed, and are extremely fun. In fact, talk to lonestarbanshee and visit his page at photos.yahoo.com/lonestarbanshee . I believe he is still selling his very nice Banshee. He could tell you more about it than I could, but I know it has lonestar a-arms, Holeshot rear tires, FMF pipes, black mair plastics, and a ceet seat cover, and more but I don't know what.

Old 12-30-2001, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

If you think your warrior is down on power then you definitely DONT want a blaster. I have both and although the blaster feels quicker it is not. My Warrior flat kills the blaster. Granted the warrior is not stock but neither is the blaster. Both have FMF pipes and other minor mods. If you want a performance 2 stroke look for a Banshee. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-30-2001, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

Hey alljuice, why dont you use some common sence?
This guy is asking about a 3K dollar quad brand new.

Your talking about 6500-9000$ quads new.
Use your brain before you make a remark like that. Some people cant afford
a brand new quad in that price range.

-Matt

99' 400EX, Nerfs, Bumpers, Shockwears, Twist throttle, cut fenders, WB E series.. ect
85' Honda 350X, supertrapp, MINT. (for sale)

Old 12-30-2001, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

hey thunderpower.

i had a warrior, and wanted more speed too. instead of going 2 stroke, and loosing reverse, i desited to motify my warrior. i first added a full exhaust, and i chose a supertrapp. then i jetted it, and put in a k.n filter. i changed the rear sproket, and added holeshot tires. i had to cut out the airbox to help with more air flow. the differance with this quad was night and day. it went from being an o.k. quad with speed, to a much faster quad. i sold it to my brother who then added alot of cool looking stuff to it, like bars and so on. he is now installing a set of front and rear shocks to handle jumps better. my total cost on doing what I did to the quad was $700.00 including the tires and mounting. go into my pics and look at the warrior now, with my brother jumping it and trying to get used to it.

my pictures

Old 12-31-2001, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

u can find good quadracer 250's and banshee's used for good proces usually if you check cycle trader or somethin.

Old 12-31-2001, 02:50 PM
Trailblazer

save yourself alot of time and money and buy a raptor. if cash is an issue, just wait longer...

Old 12-31-2001, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

If you do buy a Raptor, don't buy the 2001. They had lots of problems (airbox, gear spacing, axle, clutch, head gaskets, a-arms). If you do buy a 2001, time is all you will have. I still think you should try and talk to lonestarbanshee about his shee. I would have bought it but I'm a 4-stroke kinda guy.

I was readin your signature and had to edit this reply... Are bull sh!tin or what?! You had a Speed, Bear, Cat, Fourtrax 300 and a warrior? That is a lot of expensive stuff, why would you go down to a Blaster? The Speed has just barely been out for sale and you already wrecked and sold it?

Old 12-31-2001, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

This is the same dumba$$ that had a 120 MPH trike remember? All he does is talk BS to all of us. Don't waste your time.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP IM GOING INSANE