Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

02 grizz deals? I can't find any!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lsnake68 & Grizzkid~

I love the silver paint job on the Grizz. It's so different than the other quads, it stands out, and for some reason, just looks mean. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have had no problems with the paint chipping, or flaking off. I have a pressure washer that I use to clean it, and no problems. I do have scratches and rub marks, but hey, if you ride your quad in the bush, you have to expect to see that. My opinion is when it gets so rough that I can't stand it any longer, I'll go have it repainted silver, with centarie and several clear coats, so that you actually would have the ability to buff out light scratches. But even with the few scratches I have in it right now, you really don't notice it. I actually feel scratches showed up worse on my green arctic cat, which I subsequently put a camo kit on to protect it. If I had the choice to make over again...it'd be the Silver w/the camo a close second.

I bought my hot grips and thumb warmer from Ponderay Yamaha in Sandpoint, ID. (It was sold under the Yamaha name, but it's the "hot grips" brand. Seems like the grips were around 50.00 & thumb warmer around 18.00, and the dealer gave me 10% off. My hands would get cold sometimes, but my thumb always ended up numb. You can't beat this combo, and I would highly recommend it for anyone who rides in cold weather.

As for the front left axle, if you have a problem one, you'llknow it because it'll be loose from the get go. Mine was, as well as everyone else that I've talked to that has had this issue. Not all Grizzly's have this problem, just some. So go check it out now, and if it's solid, you should be fine.

Have a great one!

SilverBear

Old 01-09-2002, 06:12 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks silver bear. they are cheaper than i thought. And I agree that scratches add character.

Old 01-09-2002, 09:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Lsnake68, sorry it took me a few days to respond, i am not on here often. To re-iterate what i meant, it is basically the money I saved that makes the Prairie seem like the better choice. If all things were equal, like the price it would be a very difficult decision. The Prairie is definatley more sporty than the Grizz, but as far as it riding rough, it is probably one of the best riding solid axle quads on the market. So, I guess to answer your question, yes, it is the money that makes me like the Prairie more. Like I said before if price were equal, I would like them both equal for there attributes. I am glad the mags pic a winner because I can't![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL

Old 01-10-2002, 04:56 PM
Trailblazer

anyone else have some useful info on where they bought their 02 grizz's?

Old 01-10-2002, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

were i live I can buy either the grizz or the kawi for around 6400.00 so the price is the same as fare as i am concerned but I am the kind of guy that will drive as far as 4 0r 5 hundred miles to save a grand. plus I never buy in state when i can save a few hunded bucks on sales tax.

Old 01-11-2002, 05:26 PM
Trailblazer

round me they said they give me the kawi 650 for about $6,700.

Old 01-12-2002, 09:36 PM
Trailblazer

Come on guys. I know there are more than 4 people who can help me out.

Old 01-14-2002, 08:22 PM
Trailblazer

None of the dealers i e-mailed responded to me so i'm still in the dark. I guess i could just drive around for multiple hours with nothing more than an address in unknown territory and hope i come across a good deal. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2002, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

I think that the dealer search on the yamaha site not only gives address but also phone numbers. just put in some zip codes of area you are willing to drive to and print out the list and call them. We have mags called boat bike and rv traders in my area where you can find good deals almost every time. you may check your news stands at convience stores.

Old 01-14-2002, 09:39 PM
T27
Weekend Warrior

Just called a dealer today, he has a green one (the one I want) on the floor, $6299. I'll let you guys know where AFTER I get mine![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 02 grizz deals? I can't find any!!