Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 07:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do u all think if we all emailed yamaha about this it would do any good? I am gonna post a new thread on this and see what u all think?

Old 01-15-2002, 10:06 PM
The Facility

I know of two members of this forum that are Yamaha regional sales reps. [who knows just how many members work within the OEMs!?] One of these sales reps. used to be the service rep. for a region on the west coast before relocating to the south as a sales rep.

So chances are, someone has brought the matter up with someone within Yamaha.

I don't know any details about how Yamaha's insiders work, but Honda has an entire team that does nothing but search the net, magazines, races, etc. looking for anything or anyone that puts Honda in a negative light and then reports it to the appropiate department.

KNOWSALOT

Old 01-16-2002, 12:24 AM
Trailblazer

There is a website (www.petitiononline.com) that looks like a pretty good place to start getting signatures to show Yamaha how widespread their transmission problem is.

Old 01-16-2002, 10:43 PM
The Facility

That is a very interesting idea and would finally get a number of failures reported in the view of the general public, just so that everyone would know how many failures actually exist.

However, that idea is certainly doomed based on the number of people raising hell on here for new transmissions based on here say of problems, WHEN MOST HAVEN'T HAD ANY PROBLEMS.

If it were somehow regulated to where each petitioner had to disclose his VIN#, date of purchase, dealer where purchased, and date of trans. repair, .......only then would it be a true petition designed to find the truth, because every Joe and Bob that own an '01 Raptor is gonna sign it whether they had a problem or not.

KNOWSALOT

Old 01-18-2002, 02:17 PM
Range Rover
Old 01-18-2002, 04:44 PM
Range Rover

BOOGIEMAN, THERES ABOUT 10 FORMAL LETTER WRITTEN HERE TO YAHAMA, TAKE A LOOK

CLICK

Old 01-20-2002, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

Yamaha may be more proactive than we think, check out MickeyDunlap's post about new '02 replacing '01 gearing-parts are $400.

Old 01-21-2002, 10:25 AM
Range Rover

Just for the record-Cannondale is just starting out, (yeah I know they make bicycles) so of course they have a lot more to lose if they do not respond to a problem. They obviously are going to fix their problems even if it means they take a small loss, because they are trying to build a core gorup of customers who will stay with them and tell others how good they are and how great their customer service is. Yamaha, (or any of the other big names) are not in that position. That doesn't mean that I don't think they should address the situation, just don't compare them.

Also I think that the petition idea is a good step in the right direction, but I agree that you would have to disclose info to show that you had a problem as knowsalot says. Someone needs to start it though and not just talk about it (sorry, not me-I don't have a Raptor) or it will just be people with made up names on a few forums complaining that that they were screwed, and Yamaha (or any other manufacturer) isn't going to listen to that.

Old 02-11-2003, 03:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Raptor lawsuit

Well it is obivious that Yahama knows about the trany problems because Alba is selling a trany rebuild kit for @$699.00. I myself am currently unable to ride because 2nd gear is slipping. It is going to cost me approx. $1500-2000 to get it fixed. The dealer that i am taking it to has fix the same problem in other '01 raptors. I have about 60 hours on my quad. I take care of my quad very well and change the oil all the time.

Old 06-09-2004, 05:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Raptor lawsuit

I have a 03 raptor, nothing but trouble. Dealer has notified YES that it is abused, will not cover any repairs. Engine overhauled once, transmission once. Have taken to independent repair shop for replacement of crank shaft. Yamaha will not cover repairs from first overhaul of debris that caused the damage it has now due to repair shop work not yamaha dealer. Repair estimate now is $3000.00.

Quick Reply: Raptor lawsuit