Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2002, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHich atv dou you think is better?

Old 01-22-2002, 05:27 PM
Trailblazer

660, all the way. The 650 is spotier with it's solid real axel and single suspension. But if you want comfort and in it for the long haul, that you better get the grizz. The IRS, soaks up all those unweanted bumps and gives you more ground clearence. I personaly don't liek the diff. lock on the 650. What if you wnat to use that other hand for something else? I am definatly a yamaha fan.

Old 01-22-2002, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

I've owned both a Grizzly 660 and a Prairie 650. If you are riding primarily fire trails and gravel roads then go with the Grizzly. If you plan on riding tight, winding trails in the woods then the only choice is the Prairie.

Old 01-22-2002, 09:02 PM
Trailblazer

What? granted the prarie does have a tighter turning radius, but if you want deep wood adventure than go with the grizz. if you dont have IRS and your riding in deep woods you won't last to long. you will be bucking back and forth the whole time.

Old 01-22-2002, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

AtomicAustin~

It depends on the kind of riding you plan on doing. If you are into rough, technicle, off camber 4X4 riding, the Grizz will treat you better, and an IRS quad will go places that a solid axle wont. I'm not taking anything away from the Kawi, as by all rights it's a smoker. But the Grizz has IRS, prairie doesn't, Grizz has better ground clearance, and more suspension travel. If you ride mostly flat stuff and like to go fast, the Kawi's solid axle rear end and engine would not dissapoint you. ('Course I'd still pick the Grizz over the Kawi in that situation, but that's personal choice)

SilverBear

Old 01-23-2002, 09:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

thats a question thats been pummelled around a lot. I think the best one is whichever you like the best really. They are so evenly matched and each has a very marginal advantage over the other is some areas, but they are really close. I liked the Grizzly so I got it, but I also found a lot about the Prairie that I thought was better than the Griz.

I got the Grizz because of the IRS. I wanted that. If I didn't, I probably would have got the Prairie on account of the good rear brake and the more steel and aluminum construction. Its a preference issue in all aspects, and I can't sit here and say that one is better than the other one. Its like comparing a Quarterback and a Defensive Lineman to say which is a better football player.

Old 01-24-2002, 11:58 PM
Trailblazer

the grizzly just looks mean. i love it

Old 01-25-2002, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

Most people don't realize how soft the ride of the Prairie 650 is. Everyone thinks that just because it is solid axle then it must be a rough ride. Not true.

What the prairie loses in ground clearance is more than made up for in handling, braking, and motor smoothness/power.

Old 01-25-2002, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

92LT~

I'm not taking anything away from the 650 Prairie. By all rights, it's an incredible quad, my only point is that IRS will outperform a solid axle when it comes to smooth riding over rough roads, or rock climbing and anthing that requires suspension articulation to keep all four tires planted on the floor.

Personally, I'd love to have a chance to ride a Prairie 650 and feel the power of that V-Twin.

SilverBear

Old 01-26-2002, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

I've had both units and in the real ruff, off-chamber terrain a straight axil is much more sure footed. IRS has to much body roll.

Quick Reply: Prairie 650 vs. Grizz 660