Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

K&K ATV

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 07:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, I recived an e-mail from someone who knows Shawn at K&K. Seem as though there may be some extenuating circumstances we did know about, hopefully someone who knows him can step in help me out, and get their attention.

Old 01-24-2002, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

Unless it's something personal(which noone would know about), I would imagine he's talking about getting ready for this years racing season. I understand your circumstances, and yes, $1700 is alotta money. Good luck.

Old 01-24-2002, 07:10 PM
Trailblazer

Someone e-mailed that is personal. Hope I can get this straightened out, am getting responses from a few people who know K&K, hopefully will get this resolved soon.

Old 01-24-2002, 08:52 PM
Range Rover

Griz:
Let me see if I can clear a few things up.... Since I am very good friends w/ everyone at K&K, I thought I would see whats up w/ this whole situation.
I will be there tomorrow to get the full story.

I personally talked to Shawn. After asking about this whole thing this is what I know/remember. (please forgive me since I do not have any dates to specify what when and where)
Back just before they moved from Granby to Belchertown they had received a box full of parts with NO notes or return address. Since they were in the process of moving... things got moved around and lost. Since they are in the new location they found the package in question, and was able to determine where it came from. They are now aware of the situation. I do NOT know what is going to happen but I do know that Shawn is a man that stands behind his word. I also know that for some time the computer that is used for the internet/emails was down during the their move. And Shawn has been out of town for business. It seems that your also now aware of other situations at hand(something I will not go into). I am not here to make any excuses for Shawn or the people at K&K...... But I know them well enough to know that are NOT the kind of people that rip anyone off nor take advantage of anyone.
If your smart enough you will understand that there are only a handfull of shock builders.... He does not build Works shocks so he is at the mercy of them to get orders from them(as with everyone else ordering shocks in bulk.
But in the near future they will have a full inhouse facility for building/rebuilding shocks. I hope all works out for you and I will try to post something after I find out the full story tomorrow

Mp350
roostfest.com

Old 01-24-2002, 09:06 PM
Trailblazer

Okay b370, my intent was not to trash K&K ATV, seems like most everone has has good luck with them and likes them, it did not make sense that they would intentionally stick me for $1729. I'll be happy to tell there side of this when its straightened out. I would really appreciate your help. There was a note with the big box, but that probably got lost. You know the old saying, " anything that can happen will happen" Thanks

Old 01-24-2002, 09:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Grizz,
It's funny how they seemed to misplace everthing but your credit card number! I don't think that them being to busy because of race season is a valid excuse. The customers come first.

Old 01-24-2002, 09:16 PM
Trailblazer

I hear you ICEMAN, part of the problem is they are a big company and things get lost unfortunately.

Old 01-24-2002, 09:43 PM
Range Rover

IT3ICEMAN:
I dont know what you do for a living...or if you work at all..... If you own a business then you would understand that things happen. You would also understand that you can not make everyone happy.
If you notice there are many very satisfied customers w/ the service and products they receive from K&K atv.
Again I will state that I am not here to make any excuses nor state any facts on Shawn's behalf.
But before anyone starts a pissing match they should get all the facts at hand. I believe that Griz has stated his side of the story and would like an answer. Lets just wait to see what the outcome will be.

Mp350

Old 01-24-2002, 10:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

b370:
You are right; everybody makes mistakes. It's how you rectify them, that seperates the good companies from the bad. Making a customer wait 8 months is not good customer service.

Old 01-24-2002, 10:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

I needed a TRX250R motor back in December of 2000. My friend Walter, he goes by MP350 in the chat room, recommended me to K&K. I got in touch with K&K and got a good TRX250R motor. I didn't have any trouble and the people at K&K were nice. If I needed another motor today, I would first go to K&K.