Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

can the blaster wheelie? in what gears without the clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thunderpower, the 400 would probably be your best bet.
You dont need a kick backup. They are reliable and will not let you down.

You can check out my 99' 400EX at the site below. Click on "Matts Photos".
It is torn apart, and the engine is laid out in pieces on my work bench right now,
I am dropping in an IMS 440 kit. Should run pretty good.

photos.yahoo.com/mrcool680

-Matt

Old 02-03-2002, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

I'd say get the 400. As for ruling out the Shee, if you take care of it, it will last more than 2 years. My 250R lasted 17 years, and still didn't have to be rebuilt but I thought I should do it now(mainly because everyone's bike is either sold or there clutch went out so nobody to ride with). You never answered me though, what happened to your Speed?

Old 02-23-2002, 12:41 AM
Range Rover

That's It! I've tired of so many people dissing the Blaster. I have a Blaster with .20 Over Vito's SS Pistons, K&N Filter, Oil Injection Blocked Off, IMS Waterproof Spark Plug Cap, DG Krome Lite Bumper, Cut Front Fenders, No Headlight, Fly Aluminum Handlesbars, AC Racing Polished Grab Bar, Vito's Jet Kit, and Custom Throttle Cover. That thing is fast. Let me tell you this me and my friends with a Banshee and 400EX did kinda like a survey and this is what we found

Jumping (Big and Small)-Banshee,400EX,Blaster
Drag Racing-Banshee,Blaster,400EX
Dunes-Banshee,400EX,Blaster
Woods-Blaster,400EX,Banshee
Wheelies-Blaster,Banshee,400EX
Ability To Throw Around-Blaster,Banshee,400EX
Acceleration-Banshee,Blaster,400EX
Snow-400EX,Banshee,Blaster
Handling-400EX,Banshee,Blaster
Looks(In My Opinion)-Banshee,400EX,Blaster
Cornering-Banshee,400EX,Blaster
Mud-400EX,Banshee,Blaster
Donuts-Banshee,Blaster,400EX
Accessories-Banshee, 400EX&Blaster(Tie)
Overall-Banshee,Blaster,400EX

That might answer some of your questions.

Old 02-23-2002, 02:12 PM
Trailblazer

Yes it can wheelie awesomly.. It can wheelie in 1st gear half throttle, second gear little tug, third gear little tug, and any other wit the clutch.... Its top speed is aroun 58-60 mph.. The suspension for small and medium jumps are soooo awesome nicee... Great in the woods the power is radical in 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th,and6th it just rips wheelies and flies over everything...and for tight trails it is skinny and small sorta but u fit it so it corners and fits anything and u can pitch it into any corners at high speeds and be confident u wont get hurt its the best.. The torque is outragously awesome thats all i have too say its incredible..
Pipes u should get is a gnarly pipe , power core IV , and K&N air filter... Then the top speed will be 65-68 mph and wheelies will be sooooooooooo much easier and the power will be unbelievable.... there u go trust me im right .................. Ohh yeah it will blow out any warrior wit power and speed and looks.......... If u switch gears good stock will take like 8 secs to get to top speed but wit that stuff i told u bout it will get to 67 in 5 secs... You have to repair the engine like 1 every two years maybe if u abuse it but if u treat it ok like 1 time every 4 years... and the brakes are good they just loostin alot...

Old 02-26-2002, 10:53 PM
Range Rover

i'm 15 weighing about 125 and i can wheelie in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear with out the cluth of coarse. that and i think its one of the best quads for hill climbing. its also great for trials at fast speeds. the max speed is anywhere between 55 and 60.

Old 06-29-2005, 07:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default can the blaster wheelie? in what gears without the clutch?

Wow Yz250 Blaster i dont know who you had on the 400ex but u BLOW! bahhhh I have a Yamaha Blaster and i love the thing, i put alot of money into the thing and i cant buy any thing else for it, ive been riding since i was 3 years and unlike half of u dutch bags who think you know what your talkin about you need to shut up. dam when it comes to jumping banshees are horible and are really unsteady in the air and its stock suspension blows, on the 400ex the only bad thing is the frame, you have to be carful when you do wheelies becouse if you brake the grab bar you bike is fuked but they made them pretty stong so some serious beating has to occure, the wheelies on a 400ex are amazing i can balance that quad so easy its sad, and the top end is nice becouse on my blaster i top out while doing wheelies if i got a big enough open area, I really dont think a banshee is a good all around quad and the blaster is ok but for your size you willl problably need to get a 400ex unless you want to do alot to a blaster to make it fit you. BAHHHHHHHH SUCK IT :------- (:

MY Blaster I got a set of 2007 racing plastic(yet to be sold)not only look cool but they are actualy meaningful, MXR4 on ITP T-9s, The Trenga TR Triple Chrome Pipe & Silencer by LRD, Works Shocks all the way around, 10th Anniversary Rear Hydraulic Brake, 30mm Flat-slide Carb Kit, a pimp *** new top end from Trenga that gives 30Hp, AC Nerf bars, AC front bumper, Extended a-arms from these guys called ASR wich are extra wide 3+ on each side extended Swing arm, extended axle from Durablue, a boost bottle you can only get from my pals at Vitos performance, Allum. air flows panels and special air box that is made to give Much better air flow and also cant forget the aww so thank god front hadrulic brakes cuz the reg brakes suck my ***, and a whole stuff load of goodis that make her look pretty.

Old 06-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Trailblazer

yea yz250blaster dude you got to chill but i agree w/ u about the whole blaster haters they suck but thunderpower get new tires if u get a blaster cuz the ones they got on there r balloon tires they pretty much stole those off a three wheeler and they take up the job of the suspention cuz theyr so bouncey but i got new tires for mine and its so much f@$& better

Old 06-30-2005, 12:23 AM
Range Rover

I just got my blaster back from the shop and it was running like crap when i got it so i thought there was somthing wrong with the carb then my piston shattered so i got it bored .80 with wiesco pistons and its prollly pushing about 35hp now and i can do wheelies in 4th gear with out the clutch just one leg on the seet other then that first gear just hit the throttle and it will pop up second same just little more toruqe on mine- im about 6ft 165pounds and its got the power of a 400ex and it can keep up with the 400's... so yea its a great bike... great powerband.... suck *** suspension and tires suck...... other then that this is a great bike but if you say my blaster is for beginners i would like to see a beginner get on and watch him flip it backwards or hit the tree lol

Old 06-30-2005, 06:30 PM
Range Rover

it also has many other mod's but dont feel like putting them down

Old 06-30-2005, 10:12 PM

Originally posted by: YZBlaster250
That's It! I've tired of so many people dissing the Blaster. I have a Blaster with .20 Over Vito's SS Pistons, K&N Filter, Oil Injection Blocked Off, IMS Waterproof Spark Plug Cap, DG Krome Lite Bumper, Cut Front Fenders, No Headlight, Fly Aluminum Handlesbars, AC Racing Polished Grab Bar, Vito's Jet Kit, and Custom Throttle Cover. That thing is fast. Let me tell you this me and my friends with a Banshee and 400EX did kinda like a survey and this is what we found

Jumping (Big and Small)-Banshee,400EX,Blaster
Drag Racing-Banshee,Blaster,400EX
Dunes-Banshee,400EX,Blaster
Woods-Blaster,400EX,Banshee
Wheelies-Blaster,Banshee,400EX
Ability To Throw Around-Blaster,Banshee,400EX
Acceleration-Banshee,Blaster,400EX
Snow-400EX,Banshee,Blaster
Handling-400EX,Banshee,Blaster
Looks(In My Opinion)-Banshee,400EX,Blaster
Cornering-Banshee,400EX,Blaster
Mud-400EX,Banshee,Blaster
Donuts-Banshee,Blaster,400EX
Accessories-Banshee, 400EX&Blaster(Tie)
Overall-Banshee,Blaster,400EX

That might answer some of your questions.
The real result with equal rider and STOCK machine- will be more like

Jumping-400ex,banshee,blaster
Dragracing-Banshee(on top speed),400ex(holeshot),blaster(nothing)
Dunes-Banshee-400ex-Blaster
Woods-400ex-Banshee-blaster
Wheelie-400ex-blaster-banshee
ability to throw around-400ex blaster banshee
acceleration-banshee-400ex-blaster
snow- 400ex-blaster-banshee
handling-400ex-banshee-blaster
cornering-400ex-banshee-blaster
mud-400ex,banshee,blaster
Donuts-Banshee,400ex,blaster
OVERALL=400ex,banshee,blaster

Quick Reply: can the blaster wheelie? in what gears without the clutch?