Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what dose everyone ride

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2002, 10:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1990 Warrior with few mods. Always runs great and no major problems. Excellent trail machine.

Old 02-05-2002, 11:05 PM
Trailblazer

Hey i was wondering if yall like the raptor. I'm getting one and i would like to know. I have a topic about if the raptor can ride a wheelie through all five gears. if you have comments about that please post them here http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...hreadid=294999

just copy and then paste it on the taskbar where you type in the address.

Old 02-05-2002, 11:22 PM
Range Rover

QUAD:
02 Yamaha Wolverine

The versatilty of having a lightweight 4wd quad with sport suspention

DISLIKES:
Non selectable 2wd & a 6th gear would be nice
Lacks power against sport quads

MODS:
ITP Polished Magnums, 489 A/T 23", Durablue EZ Fit Spacers, Durablue Eliminator Axle, Renthal Banshee Bars, Scott Hurricane Grips, Works Dual Rate Front Shocks, Prodesign Air Intake, DynoJet Kit, WhiteBros Eseries Exhaust

Old 02-05-2002, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

02 bigbear 400 4x4 this is a great quad but needs one more gear at the top!

Old 02-06-2002, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

Blaerboy~

I have an 02 660 Grizzly and I love it. In particular I like the power, the display, the on command 3X4/4X4, IRS, Ground Clearance and the looks. Currently only mods on it are ITP magnum billet aluminum rims, 27" BI/Tri Claws, Anti Sway bar removed, Yamaha brushed aluminum armor kit, Reverse limiter momentary bypass switch, front Diff 22MPH limter bypass switch, Hot Grips, Thumb Warmer, 2000# Winch. Within the next month (warrenty runs out) I'm adding a jet kit, HMF slip on and a K&N filter.

Dislikes: Reverse is geared too high..but I can live with that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

SilverBear

Old 02-06-2002, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider

hey silverbear,
so what your saying is that you havent done much to it, heehee! wow man, are you trying to build a rocket, or just a king crusher?lol when you add the jet kit, air filter, and other mods, you got to post how much you woke it up, o.k?my warrenty runs out in 2 weeks, and i have thought about boosting mine a little. i cant emagine how fast it might be if you do all that and get another 6 or 7 hp out of it. i was also told to play with the weights in the clutch? i guess for more takeoff speed. my first automatic, so i am clueless to how to alter it, but i will learn!looking foward to the day you give me a revue of the power gained from the future mods! another small question? when you removed the swaybar, with the bigger tires, did you ever hit a fender while comming down off a small jump or a fast drop?i have oversized tires, and i am also consittering removing my swaybar, but am a little worried about the tires hitting the inside of the fenders when jumping. thanks buddy!

my pictures

Old 02-06-2002, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

99 warrior, its a blast to ride. fast enough for me due to the fact i do mostly trail riding.
also have a 2001 250ex, just sold a 97 blaster

Old 02-07-2002, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

02 Raptor,Really like that low end grunt that keeps going all the way up! Just today I ordered a Sparks X6 with stainless headpipe & spark arrestor, GYT-R adaptor plate with foam filter & outerwears, Dynojet kit, 12T & 14 T countershaft sprockets & trailtech lights with mount. I am looking forward to bolting on my new goodies & go sandraggin![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Also have a 86 250R But as soon as I get the trans back together it's going back to the guy I got it from but if he sells it again he has to sell it to me. I enjoyed the 250R but like the Raptor more.

Old 02-07-2002, 02:43 AM
Trailblazer

2000 400EX and 2001 Banshee. Both are great but the stock air filter system on the Banshee really sucks!

Old 02-07-2002, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider

01 Blue Raptor: For track and pits

GYTR: Front bumper, Heel quards, oil filter/water pump cover, radiator grill, white lightning graphics

PRM: swing arm Skid, engine skid, ignition and service light plate

Tag Metal: handlebars CR250 low bend

pro circuit: kill switch

Pro flo: foam air filter (2) always keep a spare

Dyno jet kit

FMF; power core w/ power bomb headers

Lonestar: +3 A-arms and axcaliber axle

Denton: steering stabilizer

sidewinder: titanium rear sprocket and 12T front sprocket w quadra gold chain

ELKA suspension: piggy back with self sagging triple rates in front, and rear shocks

ITP tires: MX's on OMF/ douglas rims with beadlocks and reinforcing rings. XCR's mounted on douglas 190's.

Graydon: nerfs

Acerbis: pro rally handguards

Honda: CR250 clutch perch/lever

AC: rear grab bar with number plate

Custom made aluminum rear brake resivoir

went through: gytr swing arm skid, gytr engine skid, Prm desert bumper, gytr front bumper, multiple lonestar ball joints

01 Blue Warrior: for the trails and the wife

White Bros: front bumper

DG: swing arm skid, engine skid and a-arm skids

Pro flo air filter

Acerbis handguards (black)

Honda: cr250 clutch perch/lever

Nacs: rear brake block off plate

ITP XCR's 23's in the front and 22's in the rear. mounted on douglas 190's with raptor offset. wider and better. plus i can mount these bad boys on the raptor.

Cheng shing: 22 rear ice tires

Raptor stock shocks: perfecto for the trails

Quick Reply: what dose everyone ride