Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what dose everyone ride

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so raptor 660,
what your saying is, there pritty well in stock form still, lmao!!! i am a little bit of a nosy person, but i was wondering? how much have you got into the raptor? including the cost of the bike? i have heard of people putting 10 or even 12 thousand twards a quad and all the upgrades, are you there yet? i am proud of owning a grizzly and being able to install aftermarket tires and rims on it, being a father of 3 with a wife. i cant emagine telling the wife the kids collage money went into a bike of mine, lol! i am not knocking it at all, just was curious how much it costs to do such things to quads. thanks for the reply, and please dont be offended by the question, i am just curious!

my pictures

Old 02-07-2002, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

Well i'm not about to add it up for fear of one of my buddies asking my wife to log on and check out the post. In fact, you could be my wife posing as some curious father of three trying to pull some guilt trip on me!WELL IT'S MY MONEY, WOMAN! BACK THE F OFF! YOUR NOT THE BOSS OF ME!

But, if your not then i would have to say your figures would be pretty close if i was paying retail. i would also add that you could double that number and figure out what i pay in taxes to uncle sam annualy and proudly.You have three children. i still act like a child. i will be 32 this month and never have felt more alive.

And oh yeah, THE PATRIOTS WON THE SUPER BOWL. HOLY S!THIS IS TRULY THE YEAR OF THE PATRIOT! talk about symbolism!

But seriously, it's all relative. Here's some thing you'll get a kick out of. My Raptor is such a track machine that it's to wide to ride the incredibly tight trails in back off my house.in fact i spend alot of time on the warrior flying over the rocks,trees and streams for free. i pay $25 a day to ride my Raptor at the track.

Old 02-07-2002, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

<u>Current Quad:</u> I'm the proud owner of a 2002 Cannondale Cannibal. So far the only mods are AC Nerfs &amp; Nac's # Plates. I'm going to buy a set of 18&quot; Turf Tamers mounted on Douglas .190's.

My only complaints is maintenance is a little overly difficult, and it's a little tippy (I think due to the 20&quot; holeshots). I think the &quot;tippyness&quot; will go away after I get those Tamers. Oh! and one more complaint would have to be trying to control the power on a track after being so used to a 300ex.

<u>Used to own:</u> A 2001 300ex with Cobra exhaust, K&amp;N Power kit, Outerwears and no air box cover, Works dual rate shocks, 20x11x9 Turf Tamers, K&amp;K # Plates (#18), Shaved front fenders, Graydon bumper, stock 400ex front tires w/ the wheels flipped around. For a 300ex, that was one bad little M.F. It was also my first quad so it was a little difficult selling it. I am completely CRAZY about racing MX and that 300 was like a part of my family (kinda sad I know, but racing is an obsession) I had the chance to buy me a new truck and sell my dinky little car but instead I bought the Cannondale... I think that might prove that I'm a little obsessed with the sport.

My only complaint with it was that I could never keep a set of rear brake pads longer than a few weeks.

Old 02-08-2002, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Mich~

Nah...not a rocket, just a screamin bear with destemper. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I will let you know how the mods add to the Grizz. I just found out that the Wallace ATV Jamboree in July is having drag races, barrel races?, mud bogs, tractor pulls, etc. I plan on entering the tractor pulls and the mud bogs. Should be a kick in the pants.

Yes if your tires stick out past your fenders and you take that sway bar off and come down on jumps like you are in your pics, you're going to rub your fenders. If you do take take it off, be sure to tighten up your preloads...by the looks of your jumps, I'd take them to the top position. Let me know if you do, and if the tires rub with those settings. (I'm curious)

SilverBear

Old 02-08-2002, 08:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

2002 660 Grizz. so far I love it. can't hardly wait for the snow to melt so I can try it on dry ground. its just about unstopable with chains on all four. My dislike is the poor fit of the engine panels.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2002, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

hey raptor man, dont worry buddy, i aint your wife, but i was paid to check for her, lmao!!! really, i am surprised at how much can go into a quad, and how much you can change a stock one. i was proud to put aftermarket tires, muffler and airbox on my warrior when i had it, lol! have a ball ot them rockets you built, and for god sake, dont hit anything on them, your replaceable, but the raptor probibally aint, lmao!
silverbear,
the hole mud boggin and pulling sounds like too much fun for 1 person. why dont they have that kind of stuff in michigan? i figured if i take the swaybar off i would adjust the preload all the way, but am still worried bout the jumping. when i do it, i will go slower than usuial, and increase easy to see if it can handle it without rearanging the fenders. i have a small problem of wanting everything with one quad, and not liking having one thing counter another, if you know what i mean! when i do it, i will let you know if it handles 6 foot drops with the larger tires on it, or if i start hitting fenders at 3 or 4 foot. i also look foward to your responce to the muffler and other aftremarket bolt ons you will do in the near future!
keep the posts coming couse i am like a kid in the candy store when it comes to upgrading the grizzly! now, if only they could make it jump like a 400, handle like a 250, bog like a tank, and rock crall like a modified jeep. i would have to call that heaven, heehee!