Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

RAPTOR WINS LATEST HI PERFORMANCE SHOOTOUT, AGAIN.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2002, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what do you guys think? There were some surprising results to this latest ATV Action test. Banshee has faster top end. Raptor is faster on top end than DS Baja, but not in the 1/8 mile drag. Overall, not bad results considering how restricted this engine is stock. Makes you wonder how a slightly uncorked version would have done. (airbox and jetting mods, only) I'm very glad I own one of these. It's good to see the Raptor get the recognition it deserves. I must also give credit to all the other excellent quads we have to choose from...they are all great! Times are good in the sport we love. I'm anxious to see what else is on the way!

Old 02-05-2002, 01:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider

what magazine was it in? are you saying the banshee had the highest top speed stock? Was the cannondale included?

Old 02-05-2002, 04:24 AM
Pro Rider

This was a dirt wheels test? April? Are you sure I have substriction and I dont think thats out yet. Maybe AtvSport?

Old 02-05-2002, 04:35 AM
Pro Rider

Its in ATVAction not dirtwheels.

Old 02-05-2002, 11:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider

What were the caterogories and was there a breakdown of how the other quads done in each caterogory? Was the C-dale in the event? The last time the C-dale went head-to-head with the Raptor, the Raptor had to have a GYT silencer to run with it.

Old 02-05-2002, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

The Raptor was a stock 02. The only part that sucked about this shoot out compared to the last one done by dirtwheels is they used a california Raptor this time so its power and speed were down compared to the last shoot out. In every other shoot out the Raptor was faster than the banshee and ds650 but in this one it lost the drag to the shee and the ds. thank god i dont have a cali raptor. I ll post a list of each events places.

Motor-cannondale,Raptor,ds650,banshee,400ex

suspension-ds650,cannondale,(3rd tie 400ex-raptor),banshee

turning-400ex,cannondale,raptor,tie banshee-ds650

best jumper-cannondale,400ex,raptor,ds650,banshee

desert-ds650,raptor,400ex,banshee,cannondale

woods-raptor,400ex,cannondale,banshee,ds650

duner-ds650,raptor,banshee,cannodale,400ex

fireroad-tie banshee and ds650,raptor,cannondale,400ex

mxer-cannondale,400ex,raptor,banshee,ds650

comfortable-ds650,raptor,400ex,cannondale,banshee

easiest maintanance-Raptor,400ex,ds650,banshee,cannondale

overall rankings-raptor,cannondale,400ex,ds650,banshee

This is wat the mag said. I had to disagree with a few things they said especially when they picked on the ds650 and banshee horribly. I realy think it was uncalled for. But all n all it seemed like a fairly fair article. I realy think each machine excells best at one thing or another and is all rider preference.

Old 02-05-2002, 12:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider

THanks Mtecate! Yep, some surprises there. Usually the Banshee does get "bad-mouthed", but I am surprised the DS got slammed too. In fact, I would assume the C-dale would have been slammed before the DS.
So the Cali Raptor has more top speed than the Baja DS? Sounds fishy.

Old 02-05-2002, 12:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I haven't read the article but it looks like the DS is still the best machine for what I do. I've said all along that the DS is a specialty machine and is biult for Desert,Dunes,Suspension,&Comfort. If it is to big for the woods, and to heavy for the track GREAT !! I don't care,We all knew that anyway. So now I'm happy to be told once agian, that I made the right choice for 'me' over a year ago now.GREAT JOB !!! ATV action.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 02-05-2002, 12:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Mtecate4g

How do you like your ProCircuit exhaust? Is it the full system or just the slip-on? I was thinking of getting either the Pro Circuit or White Bros E Series because in the dirt wheels article they both made significant gains over stock with a (virtually) stock airbox and mild jetting. They have alot of power waiting to be unleashed (maybe even up near CT's numbers, and without that hideous supertrapp).

Just wondering.
Jeff

Old 02-05-2002, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

I had a Yoshimura and i liked it until my brother put a pro cuircut on his raptor and spanked me in a drag. The bad part is i am a way better rider than he. Now that i got the pro cuircut its the way it should be.. with my bro behind me. I realy like it and i think it has the best power out of all the exhausts i have tried. Though it is probably the loudest. But they make quiet cores so when i go some where that noise is an issue i just throw that it.

Quick Reply: RAPTOR WINS LATEST HI PERFORMANCE SHOOTOUT, AGAIN.