Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best mods for a 02 Raptor?

Old 02-06-2002, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Start by a K&N jet kit and air filter. Maybe after that you could put a rocketpack on the back of it or a Turbo on it........on a more serious note you could get the K&N jet and filter kit,Pro Circuit silencer,Yoshimura,Duncan Racing I dont know which is best but have heard good about the pro-circuit.

Icav

Ps- there is more but I cant think of it right now.

Old 02-06-2002, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Today (02-06-02) I ordered A Curtis Sparks X6 with stainless headpipe & spark arrestor ($569), Dynojet kit ($66), GYT-R Foam multi stage filter ($32), GYT-R filter adaptor plate ($44), GYT-R pre filter ($14), A 12T & 13T countershaft sprocket ($18 ea) & A Trail Tech light kit with mount ($109). Should have them in a week or so & will let you know what I think. Should be a lot of bang for the buck. I can't wait! COME ON UPS!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2002, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

first mod should be the pro-design filter set up. i have it, and i ve seen the gyt-r filter. the pro design is better. cost alittle more, but you get what you pay for!
next re-jet. then some skids to protect your investment! i recomend prm engine skid with gyt-r a-arm skid and pro-tect stainless swingarm skid. then a silencer.

01blu660r
with all the goodies

Old 02-07-2002, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

Who do you think makes the GYT-R air filter & adapter? Could it be ooh I duno Pro Flow? yep![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2002, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys, I got 2 more months to wait, i can't stand it!

Old 02-07-2002, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider

First, absolutely, a wider rear axle. Durablue or better.
.... Since no one else has mentioned it, front shocks, the stock ones suck, Works or better. Then the list of also rans,,,Pro-flo air filter set-up, nerfs, GYT heelguards, Renthal handlebars, any pipe & jets, 22" rear tires, flip the linkage, skid plate, How about some wider A-arms? the list goes on...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2002, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

you want to fly: go with a pipe, pro-flow with k&n, airbox mods and a dynojet kit, then get new shocks and axle so you can handle the speed

Old 02-07-2002, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

All good suggestions. However, to properly answer your question...we need to know how/where you intend on riding.

if you plan on riding trails you may not want to do anything. The raptor stock is an excellent trail machine. narrow enough for the tree's with enough power to overtake inferior machines. we have alot of rocks in the granite state so PRM skid plates are a must. Denton steering stabilizer will allow you to hold onto the beast alot longer before fatigue sets in.

Riding MX? then lower it and widen it's stance. (i've widened my raptor with lonestar A-arms and axle.) Unleash the ponies by rejetting and giving the 660 it's lungs back. Pro-flo filter and remove snorkle. I'm not sure you need to spend alot on a pipe. Most of the gains are from the jetting and airbox mods. Stock shocks are O.K, but if your jumping you'll need aftermarket. (i run with Elka's all around.) the shocks will also help lower the ride.

Dragracing? the upgrades are unlimited. to many to mention.

New tires for all of the above. The stocks are good all around tires but ITP/Maxxis will get the 660cc's to terra ferma better.

hillclimbing? maybe change the gearing and remove front plastics

i could go on and on. Be more specific...

Old 02-07-2002, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

I plan on Trails and open area riding, what is the exact parts to modify my intake? What octane do y'all run in your bikes? Do i have to rejet when i free up to air intake with mods?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Best Mods For Stock Raptor