Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

help! i need proper jetting for full titaniun yosh on raptor

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 01:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have full titanium yosh pipe with jet size 150 and 155 with a 27.5 pilot. can anyone tell me if this is correct. i just put it on and the bike has a little bog sometimes and this is with the airbox untouched. if i drill the two holes in the lid and take off the snorkel will it help.

Old 02-14-2002, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider

that is exactly were mine is jetted. only i never bothered the pilot. altitude here may be a bit different than jersey. i never had a bogging problem. all i can tell you is to check your spark plug. if it's not a bronzish color then it's too lean or too rich. a dark burnt color means it's rich and you're getting too much gas. if it is a light grey color then you're getting too much air. when i tried removing my lid at this setting, it bogged. i e-mailed mickey dunlap for jetting info. he was right on. he could help by taking your altitude into consideration. don't do anything to your box till you know which side of the equation you're on.

Old 02-14-2002, 10:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

richie thanks for all your help with the jetting questions and im also going to check with mickey like you did.

Old 02-14-2002, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

Smoker, I have the Yosh full comp system with TEC kit & I am using 155/160 mains, Dyno jet needles/springs, 25 pilots(would have went to 27's but the dealer didn't have em). Also, I am running with a Prodesign proflow dual stage foam filter with the airbox lid off. I also use an Outerwear lid. The bike rips compared to stock with no problems at all.

However, I have had problems using the stock flow end cap from the TEC kit. It makes the bike bog & backfire-a lean condition!? Its hard to fathom a lean condition with all the larger jetting but I guess if I am restricting the exhaust flow it will cause a lean condition. Jetting is critical but I'd rather be rich than lean as long as it runs good.

Old 02-14-2002, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

im runnig 148 and 146 mains but they are dynojet. Full Yoshi, snorkel tabs trimmed 6 uni vent sin air lid, 4 are taped over, KandN air filter..mixture screws 4.25 and 3 turns outs

sea level

can you say MONSTER!!

Old 02-14-2002, 06:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

A little off the topic but I'm wondering how you guys liket he Yosh Comp system. I've heard great things about it Reviews/mag articles..... I am one to be concerned with db. Is this system loud or what. My take is that it is. Any info appreciated.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2002, 05:06 AM
Pro Rider

about 100db. that's quiet.

Old 02-15-2002, 03:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

richie just letting you know i pulled off the front snorkle and it made big difference , no more bog and the front end comes off the ground easier. do you think i should drill holes in lid or will that make it to lean. i guess i should go by the color of the plug. well looking foward to reading what you or anyone else has to say. thanks again smoker.

Old 02-15-2002, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

i was told by dynot jet not to drill any holes and to leave the snorkle on...so thast why i taped up th eairholes but i have to say she runs a hell of alot better with just 2 holes instead of 6
remeber the carbs work off of vacuum..so th emor eair you let in the less of a vaccuum

Old 02-16-2002, 05:30 AM
Pro Rider

good to hear. just keep a closer eye on the filter it will get dirtied quicker. also my system came with a 2hole-3/4 inch suggestion on the installation guide. if you read the thread about the pipe shoot out that's what the big fuss was over. i didn't do that though. but hey, like joeyd said he taped his back up. so if it's too lean break out the duct tape. if you do reinstall your snorkle there is a piece on there where the snorkle and lid connect. it's the vertical support of the snorkle. you can't miss it. you'll have a sort of lip coming off of both sides of the support. you can cut that out. just the lips not the support. it is definately blocking air. later.

Quick Reply: help! i need proper jetting for full titaniun yosh on raptor