Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

CONCERNED DEALER AND ATV RIDER

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sheesh dude, I have been looking at your pictures since I made that post. Looks like you had fun at Silver Lake

Old 02-20-2002, 05:05 PM
Trailblazer

If you are a dealer what are u concerned about???? No one buying another Yamaha??? If they dont fix them you should be!!!

Old 02-20-2002, 05:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

BRAD
DID YOUR LOCAL DEALER REFUSE TO STEP UP FOR YOU AND YOUR PROBLEM?I HAVE A RAPTOR 01 MODEL ,I HAVE SOLD MANY AND HAVE HAD ONLY THE 2 PROBLEMS.I TOOK CARE OF THEM AND WOULD HOPE YOUR DEALER WOULD TO.I HAVE NOT SOLD ONE EXTENDED WARRANTY FOR ANY RAPTOR AND MY CUSTOMER"S HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY WITH THEIR ATV"S.THE ISSUE I HAVE WITH MAGAZINES IS THAT THEY TELL US THINGS THAT NEVER HAPPEN,LIKE HOW LONG ARE WE GOING TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER 250R.YES TRANSMISSIONS HAVE FAILED AND YAMAHA AND THEIR DEALERS HAVE FIXED MANY OF THEM .AS EVERYONE KNOWS THERE ARE TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY I"M JUST TRYING TO TELL MINE.
TILL NEXT TIME.

Old 02-20-2002, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

"LAWSUIT HAPPY WIMPS" ?

These are the slack jaw yockles that we hand our money too. we have no one to blame about larry. we hand him our money/business and he spits in our faces. Remember this email next time you fork your money over to "Larry" just because the reputable dealer sold through his stock. Sometimes it's worth waiting and making sure your money gets in the right hands.

Larry, words escape me...i want to say, i hope your business runs dry over this email...but, i actually pity you. i think you made a big mistake with this email. i would seriously consider apologizing and appealing to the people that support your business. presently your as suttle as a brick through a window and your admitting service fraud over the world wide web. The fact people have carbon copied your comments in their replies, denies you the ability to go in and edit your own comments.

If i were you. i would be pleading with a monerator to go in and lock this thread before someone from Yamaha or worst, one of the "lawsuit happy wimps" decides to focus their efforts on making your life hell.

leaving your phne #...Bad idea

Old 02-20-2002, 06:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Raptor660
I"M NOT HIDING FROM ANYTHING ,I WILL TALK TO ANYONE INCLUDING YAMAHA OR THE CPSC .THAT"S WHY THE PHONE NUMBER IS THERE ,IF YOUR DEALER DID NOT STEP UP FOR YOU,DEAL WITH THE OWNER AND CALL YAMAHA.I HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE CARE OF THE CUSTOMER AND SOMETIMES NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY YOU STILL FAIL.PLEASE DON"T PITY ME BECAUSE I KNOW THIS IS A TOUCHY ISSUE WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE SPENT ALOT OF MONEY AND HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE.THANK YOU.

Old 02-20-2002, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

<< If i were you. i would be pleading with a monerator to go in and lock this thread before someone from Yamaha or worst, one of the &quot;lawsuit happy wimps&quot; decides to focus their efforts on making your life hell.

leaving your phne #...Bad idea
>>

Or the fact that everybody here COULD contact the dealership that you work for and send their comments directly to them by visiting their website at http://www.donelsoncycles.com/contactus.cfm .

I'm not going to go into my feelings on this. I think that everybody else here did a good job on it.

I will throw in one fact though....take a poll of who owns what type of ATV on this site. You can bet that out of all the people here, only about 5% or less are Raptor owners (guessing). However, I bet that at least 50% of those that do own Raptors have come on this board complaining of Tranny problems. Go ahead and do your research on 95% of the other members on here that don't own Raptors and do a survey to see what percentage of them have had transmission problems on there quads.

I bet that the number you come up with is very, very small.

In your post, you say that the transmissions go back because of missuse....are you trying to say that Raptor owners are the only ones that missuse their quads?

Good base for argument.

-Josh

Old 02-20-2002, 06:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

PIRAHNA
NICE RESPONSE,THE POINT I&quot;M TRYING TO MAKE IS TO GET YOUR DEALER TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE FOR YOU.YOU PAID HIM A PROFIT AND HE OWE&quot;S THE CUSTOMER A SERVICE.THANKS

Old 02-20-2002, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

Did yamaha not make a profit on this? **** the dealer.. I want yamaha to fix this.. it's thier problem!

Beyond that so many dealers screw people, yamaha should just fix this, it's unsafe.

Again, you can voice your opinion here all you like, but we are going to continue to fill out the CPSC forms.. as ever raptor owner (besides you) that I have talked with agrees that yamaha SHOULD fix this. Even dirtwheels, who has yamaha as a huge advertisers says it's weak.

Old 02-20-2002, 07:10 PM
The Facility

You guys are the SAME hell raisers that have been arguing this since day one.

KNOWSALOT

Old 02-20-2002, 07:20 PM
Trailblazer

Well I can understand how a lot of you feel. But I can also see where Larry is coming from. I own one of the two raptors that he fixed the transmisson on, He fixed it no questions asked and he knows that mine is raced and ridden very hard.(it broke in the middle of a race) Larry has done a lot to support atving and racing, and stands behind what he sells. I think the point that he is trying too make is that YOUR DEALER should be standing up for you. I read the post on going too the cpsc and trying too get the recall but don't think that getting a goverment agency involved that can totally ruin our sport is the greatest Idea. I read post's on here all the time about how big of a idiot this dealer is or how you wouldn't trust them working on your machine. If this is true, you should Quit doing business with them and find a shop that you can trust. Then support that shop, buy your machines, parts and gear from them.
As far as trying too get Larry in trouble with his boss good luck. I know the man that owns the shop that Larry runs and he would stand behind Larry 100%. As for lawsuits, that is something that I won't even get started on. Just Put your anger aside and look at it on his side for a minute and look and see where he is coming from.
Pat

Quick Reply: CONCERNED DEALER AND ATV RIDER