Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Does the CT package really deliver 14hp like Dirt Wheels claims? Has anyone done this and seen this much improvement?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that the CT system is the way to go, you get everything in one package,no hassles nada. I spoke with allen (sp) and he was very professional also but diiferent bikes,dynos,conditions will give you different results and I knew that and didnt fall in love with the magical 18 HP reference. I know the system kick a$$ and for me that is all that is important. Is it 18 ? I dont think so but I'll promise you this, it damn close enough and fast enough without any engine mods to be all the bike I'll ever need/use. I will be @ Glamis St. Pats and Easter if anyone wants to see for themselves how it runs/looks.

Michael

Old 03-05-2002, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

The 18hp gain is measured against the california Raptor... Bottom line is a CT-Sonic kitted Raptor should peak about 49hp at sea-level and properly jetted. I believe that with the addition of CT's High-Output Raptor kit, it makes ~58hp. That hp figure is if you already have their pipe kit. I think that High-Output package is a little under $800. But if you add it all up, ~$1300 for 25 additional hp, sounds pretty good to me. I think I will eventually get the engine mods done, but after i get extended a-arms, axle, TCS shocks and such. What good is all that power if the quad doesn't handle?

Anyone have a manufacturer recommendation for a-arms? I'm leaning toward Timmy-boy right now. Not sure who I want for the +2 inch swing-arm, either...

Also, I'm getting rid of the stock Dunlops, anyone have any experience with Maxxis Razr tires? I like the looks of them (compared to Holeshots)...

Old 03-05-2002, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

Alaskayfm
one of my buddies runs maxxis razrs good tire hold up well if flat but a bit heavy, I run 22" holeshot xct's which I like for the hook-up, my brother is using +2 +1 a-arms and has the works pro shocks along with +4 X-33 axle, a good combo, I am running +2 offsets on my rims, +5 on my lonestar axle, and getting ready to do a +2 swingarm for the big hills. my motor (I havnt dyno'd it) should be running 58-60 hp, and without the extra width that sucker would toss me on my *** on the turns (it pulls some g's). dont forget the frame after you boost the motor

Old 03-06-2002, 11:25 AM
Range Rover

Did you all buy from CT directly? Where is the cheapest place for the power/pipe kit?

Old 03-06-2002, 05:12 PM
Range Rover

joeyd,

Are you serious??????? The bike only has 5 valves... Where does the exhaust go if all 5 valves are used for the intake charge??? Are you sure its not 3 intake valves and 2 exhaust valves??? I think someone told you wrong...

Old 03-06-2002, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

i cant say enough about how great the ct setup is
its definitly a huge jump in power on my raptor
but here is the downside...
1)the swingarm is to short and makes a wheelie happy machine that much more difficult to get great holeshots or corner shots with.Be prepared to purchase an extended swingarm if your
goal is to get all that extra hp to the ground.i went with a quad central +2
2)the yoshimura setup is quieter with almost the same hp figures(although i still got the ct)

Old 03-06-2002, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

VRaptor, what mods do you have to your Raptor. I hope its hell of a lot more than the Pipe and Box to be claiming 58-60HP. With those mods you listed you will be lucky to have 45-48 tops

Old 03-06-2002, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

SykoQuadRider
these numbers are based on the performance of the ct, trinity, and sparks motors on which I modeled my own (11:1 high comp 102mm piston, webcam race profile cam, oversize center valve, rd valve springs, polish and port the head, full exhaust open airbox). I cant say for sure since there is no dyno available to me, so I am relying on the shops to be acurate in their reporting. I can say that it is ripping fast, and smokes anything in its path, the problem now is all my buddies are doing the same thing
one more item: the raptor has 5 valves 3 intake 2 exhaust, left (32mm) carb feeds a single valve, right (33mm) feeds 2 valves and runs off a single rocker

Old 03-06-2002, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

VRaptor, Sorry man I didnt notice the 686 in your signature. Yea I would say at leat 58-60hp with your mods. Alan at CT said that I should be around 55+ and he said that you only gain 2-3 horespower with the 102mm piston. I also got the 13.1. So how do you do against Piped Raptors, Any Ct ones that you race? Piped shees, Canans and DS650?? Thanx

Old 03-06-2002, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

SykoQuadRider
yea i've got too much stuff to list is all in 255 characters. so here is the report i should mention that I ride what people call "baja" lots of desert trails and stuff, the race cam actually hurts me on the low end (sort of wish I had done the mid cam), so a good piped raptor can pick me off on the tight corners as my rpms drop soon as i get on it though they are toast, same with banshees but since they have the same low rpm problems they dont get to catch up. I am running 13/42 sprocket and 22" rear tires so my top end is awsome but its tough to do trails that way, I suspect I hit well over 80mph but cant be sure. there is a heavily modded banshee that give me a run for my money on the straights, but I think he is up to about $20k on his shee, no c'dales out here, and the only ds's seem to be stockers