Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ARE YOU OBBSESSED?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2002, 06:14 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well said,
I feel that when I want to talk to someone about riding, or new quads, or anything, that I have to come on here because no one around here, especially at school no enough. At school everyone is like "Yeah my cousins have a Honda Banshee, that thing is fast". I say, "Have you ridden it" They say "yes", I ask "What color is it" they say "green"

Old 03-11-2002, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

There's a T-Shirt out there that sums up everything said here.

Racing(can be replaced with riding) isn't a sport, its a curse.

Also, 5150 Clothing Designs makes a T-Shirt that says "In football, they give you ***** to play with. In Motocross, you bring your own." That shirt will be mine VERY soon.

Old 03-12-2002, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

make a post about stupid people calling quads "yamaha 400ex" and "honda banshees" LOL .... I have too many friends like that, saying their stock blasters can do 120mph, but they werent kidding about themselves, they had theirselves convinced that they could go 100mph+++ LOL my god...

im going to post about honda banshees, yamaha 400ex's ect LOL

Old 03-12-2002, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

Dude, there are alot of Honda Banshee's that can do 120 MPH, you know, the ones with CBR engines stuffed in the Banshee frame.

Old 03-12-2002, 11:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Holy Cow am I obsessed . Yesterday I was SICK of work , All I could do was think of riding my Banshee . Thought Screw it , went home and grabbed my kit and went riding for 3 hours , took a couple of brews with and watched the sunset ... There is nothing in the world that will make me feel like that .... No boss , no women , no anything will get into my head when I'm riding , all I think of is how to go faster , better , do a double/triple , find a good whoop section that makes my body feel like screaming for mercy . Just want to ride harder , faster , thats all . I will go so fast I'm thinking , what the Fu&*% r u doing , you gonna kill yourself , then I just open it a little more !! When I cant ride MX i Just watch , at the start my body goes cold watching the holeshot . I start to wish for the next 15 minutes that I was ridin that race !!! My absolute favourite is the start , nothing like 20 guys on the start who all have the same goal in mind . Get the holeshot and beat the holy crap out of everbody on the track , and laugh for hours about the screwups you made after the race !!!

I AM OBSESSED .... ( so sue me if you dont like it ! )

Old 03-12-2002, 12:32 PM
Trailblazer

guilty as charged!! I am obsessed with riding. I am in this sport for LIFE[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] it really annoys me to think that there are those people out there who want to ruin this sport for us. Who think that we are damaging the enviroment. It is also really scary to think that there are people that would kill or maim just to keep one quad or bike off the trails. you surely saw that one post about earth first's tactics. I believe it was posted in all forums. that is just plain scary. Do these idiots not realize that it takes around 100 Banshees exhaust output to equal the output of one city bus?? at least we don't put nails in trees to prevent them from being cut down. thanks for letting me vent happy trails, Jon

Old 03-12-2002, 02:27 PM
Range Rover

i am totally obsessed...i am driving my wife right outta the house...tho i know where the final straw is...hehehehehehe....i eat, sleep, dream, think, chew, screw ATV'S...I cant take a crap at home without having an ATV magazine on my lap...i got my first quad in 1989...a suzuki quadracer lt250r....loved it...rode the crap outta it....the most fun i have besides racing my raptor is doing the research on aftermarket parts.....tearing the raptor down the a naked frame and then building it back up....clean every part in the kitchen sink, until the parts shine like the sun....smelling race fuel at the track gives me an obvious anatomy problem..hehe... picking the days ride outta my nose....smelling like swamp loom from that huge puddle crossing....heheh...it's all good...as for the people in my world that dont understand or bad mouth the sport....it takes everything i have to not knock some sense into them or knocking there teeth out depending on which catagory they fall into..hehe....all my friends that dont have quads are constantly being subjected to me telling them to get one....i would even let them ride my raptor if i knew they would get a quad...i love the woods and the outdoors...i do respect mother nature...but i live to ride and ride to live...and i will always ride, even if i have to out run the cops to do so....and the saying "ride it like you stole it" is something that is always coming outta my mouth....i my opinion.."god" rides an ATV and can clear a 65' tabletop with style...hehe....

Old 03-13-2002, 04:41 PM
Range Rover

My middle name is Obsessed.
Mike "obsessed" Willard

Old 03-13-2002, 10:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm obsessed too. It's soo hard to explain to the people who don't or can't ride what it's all about.... when you drop a gear and hammer it, holy $hit... hold on... it's the biggest adrenaline rush ever. It's orgasmic. Not to change the subject, but what makes me mad is the people who wear fox racing and such, they don't even know what a banshee is. I have a thor hoody with the thor logo on the front, I wear it to school once and a while, and I like when people ask "what's on your shirt." if the american outfitters sold it they'd know..... hahaha.. that's all I have to say... later on fellas

Old 03-13-2002, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

I know! I hate when people have fox shirts, hats, or anything relating to motocross, quads ect that dont even ride, dont even KNOW what a motorcycle is!

Quick Reply: ARE YOU OBBSESSED?