Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ARE YOU OBBSESSED?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man you guys are freakin crazy... oh wait, I've been reading about quads since I got back from work. But I don't ride or read about quads all the time, I work too.... oh wait, the only reason I have a job is so I can pay for my Cannibal and pay for the racing entry fee. But I'm STILL NOT OBSESSED... oops... I just noticed that my history book is covered in track designs and MX related logos... OK OK OK.... I'M AS OBSESSED AS THEY COME... Can you blame me???????? I ride (in my opinion) the best quad ever made in the entire world.

Old 03-14-2002, 09:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider

After riding gets in your blood.....you are hooked. I could'nt quit riding if I had too.

<< I cant take a crap at home without having an ATV magazine on my lap >>

Yep, gotta have a magazine rack within reach as well with a generous supply of atv mags.

Old 03-14-2002, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

what i do, is cut out pictures from mags, then glue them to white paper, then I post them everywhere in my room. My room looks like a quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2002, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

My other post got over 1200 views...

Old 03-14-2002, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

Hi, my name is michael and I am a quadaholic. There is no feeling like flying down a trail that is just wide open dodging trees and slow people. It's a rush, a natural high if you will. Hitting that double that everybody talks about but dont have the gonads to do it, thats what it's all about.

Old 03-15-2002, 02:48 PM
Range Rover

just to give you an idea, i'm posting this from school, computer class, i'm susposed to be doing work but i don't feel like it. I AM OBBSESSED.

Old 03-15-2002, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

Im possessed. I was riding in the rain on my old dirtbike because im quadless, I made this little jump, but my front shox keep bottoming out! I should get new fork seals/fork oil/kickstart spring/kickstand spring/new handlebars/chain adjusted/battery ALL TOMMORROW!!!

Old 03-15-2002, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

<< just to give you an idea, i'm posting this from school, computer class, i'm susposed to be doing work but i don't feel like it. I AM OBBSESSED. >>

Oh yeah...I haven't done any real work in a month cuz I keep looking for things on the internet for my raptor or coming to this damn site. And sometimes on nice days I don't even show up just cuz I wanna work on my project quad or just do some maintance to the quads. I don't know how much longer I can keep this up, I could use some professional help but rehab is for quiters. lol.

Old 11-01-2002, 03:23 PM
Range Rover
Default ARE YOU OBBSESSED?

When I'm at school I draw ATV's in my books. When I get home, I grab my laptop and immediately visit these forums. If I'm not visiting these forums, I'm visiting other ATV-sites. When I'm not online I'm busy riding my ATV, cleaning every part of my ATV or I'm reading in my 'ATV Files' (I have printed over 1500 pages of ATV info in the last 3 months[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]). So I guess I am obsessed too.

Old 11-01-2002, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default ARE YOU OBBSESSED?

Quads, cars, boats, bikes, its all the same for me.... If it has an engine I love it. My favorite toy in middle school was a broken weedeater my dad gave me and said wouldnt run. Of course I never got it to run, but I tried to port it and grind the head and run it on nitro meth. I didnt know crap about carbs which is why it probably never ran. What I HATE is people who ride or drive something and dont know how it works. I will admit I dont completely understand transmissions but im working on it. Today there was a guy at the gas station talking to a lady while I was getting gas "Darn these high gas prices!" "well why are you getting premium?" "It makes me get better milage I think, I know its suposed to do something since the manual says to run it" I so wanted to go over and say: You can run the crap gas but the engines fuel mixture will prematurely detonate (in other words burn to fast before the engine passes TDC) and cause a "knock" which will in turn trip the knock sensors and they will retard your timing causing you to lose power" But I know he would say cool and forget it in ten minutes so, off I went, home to see if my engine is back from the shop yet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . My motto is, dont run it if you dont know why or how its running.

Quick Reply: ARE YOU OBBSESSED?