Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ARE YOU OBBSESSED?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 02:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARE YOU OBBSESSED?

'69 was the year when every kid who had a briggs&stratton 5 hp minibike was in heaven
I had one of those......around the late-70's though. 1st ride.

Old 11-02-2002, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider

well, i'll tell ya Thunderpower, theres those who do and everyone else.
I am a long way away Bend, Oregon, but i have a raptor and a blaster.
You talk the old man in to drivin ya [or a plane ticket or whatever, and we'll go
riding. this is volcano country, and on the pacific divide, so we can ride desert and mountain in the same day.
you just let me know dude. you'll never forget it.
I have a spare quad just for this reason. and the new pres of out ATV club owns an atv rental place.....so.. we be set. We can ride mine or whatever.
POINT BEING: have fun, and give the kids the same thrills our dads gave us! while a little more pricey nowadays, still the best investment.
i dont think my back will ever recover from that minibike, but i wore out more then one lawnmower engine, and about 8 or 10 comet clutches......

have fun... life be short...... ;p
thank you for the thread... if you dont write for a living, you should. your command of thoughts is singular.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2002, 04:20 AM
Trailblazer

I have the passion for the sport in me to write a whole book worth of inspiring commentary on how this effects my life. Too bad it's 3:10AM and I want to get up early to go riding tomorrow. My father and I werent close at all besides the regular "Hi Dad." and "Bye Dad." routine. Since buying my Raptor we have never been closer. We talk every night when I get home from work about it. We chat every morning before we both go to work about it. We take the quads out to Silver Lake and have a blast, just me and my Dad. I've always loved the guy but my machine has brought me closer to him than I ever thought I'd be. And I couldn't ask for anything more in life.

When I get on my quad every thought in the world no matter how good or bad, or irrelevant or important it may be, is gone. The only thing that runs through my head is the next obstacle ahead of me and how I'm going to overcome it or have fun with it. I love the sport until the day I die. And I have only been into it for a few months now. I have stacks of mags, with every article read multiple times like others have posted - I need to subscribe someday! Every penny of my paychecks goes into the payments first off, and then accessories, and modifications on my quad.

I never would have believed there was a machine I could sit on that would bring me so much joy, bring my family closer together, take my mind off of lifes problems and worries, and make me feel like a better person as a whole.

(My First quad was/and is a Raptor)

The day I got my Raptor I was scared to ride it. The day I got the ***** to jump on it and take off was the day that has changed my life. I hate to remember how boring life was before ATVing.

Blah Blah Blah sorry for running your ear off.,, thanks for listening and sharing the pride that goes with our sport!

-Brandon

Old 11-02-2002, 04:52 AM
Pro Rider

any time brandon,. cool to hear the stories. you are not alone!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2002, 07:04 AM
Pro Rider

watch out folks. on the west coast it COULD be entrapment, not that it is.... sorry buddy.
i apologize in advance.

Old 11-02-2002, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

i am obsessed

Old 11-02-2002, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

Take heed you younger ones. The addiction only gets worse (or better) as time goes by!

Obsessed is when, even driving down the road in your p/u, your eyes are on trails going off through the woods as you pass them by...wondering what they would be like to ride.

Obsessed is when, you come home from a nice dinner out with your husband and the topic of conversation immediately turns to jetting issues, complete with discussion of different tapers of needles and how that relates to which throttle position will be affected most with whatever changes you make...

Obsessed is when, you want to get a gift for your mate, you try and figure out what he needs most for his bike/quad, and that's what he gets! Skip the tie or cologne, he needs a new W.E.R. steering stabilizer!!!! Of course, that's after he just brought you home a new set of rims for your Maxxis!

Everything evolves around riding, places to ride, when we're riding next, modifying our rides, maintaining our rides, being involved with local ATV groups, fighting for our rights to ride when and where we want....and the list goes on.

And we're old farts!

Bshep....you are the epitome of why we buy our kids ATVs! We can only HOPE to have the kind of relationship with our children that you and your dad are enjoying right now! Great to hear it!

Old 11-02-2002, 11:58 AM
Trailblazer

will you be my mom

Old 11-02-2002, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

Why, YES son....

I already have 8 youngin's, what's one more...

I am THE mom [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2002, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

from thunderpower - this was posted about 8 months ago, and im suprized it lasted this long!"

Quick Reply: ARE YOU OBBSESSED?