Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Ban MOTO MAN

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2002, 09:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In an effort to help ATVers, please ban companies like Motoman in MI. After receiving a damaged Durablue axle from them I was told they would send a new axle this past Tues. Yesterday (Thurs) I called them to see if they had shipped it and they told me it was still sitting there. I then asked them if they could overnight the axle to me since they did promise me I would have the new axle in time for practice this weekend. They responded with "NO, if you want we will SPLIT the difference with you" ($30) I told them it was not my fault and that they told me the axle would be here before the weekend. I did not make any unreasonable demands and feel it was their responsiblity to make sure they lived up to their promises. Please refrain from purchasing anything from them and use some more reputable companies.
A perfect example of customer service is... TCS sent my new shocks w the wrong bushings... when I called them, they sent the bushings out express overnight so I had them the next morning.
GOOD VS NOT GOOD examples of CUSTOMER SERVICE

Old 03-16-2002, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

I wouldnt but anything unless it came from Wind Mountian. Check out their web site before you purchase something new next time. Their prices are competitive and service is great. #1-800-588-7888. Email- www.windmountain.com

Old 03-16-2002, 01:08 AM
The Facility

There is no such thing as the perfect dealer or mail order company.

I have seen negative posts on here about shops that are known for good service.

I have seen positive posts on here about shops that are known for poor service.

It makes no difference who you deal with. Just because one person got the royal treatment doesnt mean the next guy will not be screwed.
Just because one person got screwed doesnt mean the next guy will. See my point here.
If they are a small company, people complain about slow service and in-stock merchandise. If they are a big company, people complain about be hurried on the phone, complain about orders being lost, and complaining about everything they want being on back order.

There is no such thing as good service across the board from any company. big or small. They all make mistakes now and then because they are human.

Old 03-16-2002, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

i have bought alot of stuff from moto-man,have placed sevral orders with them and am happy with them.they sold me a big gun kit for 329.00 when their add said 349.00.OCraptor could have been told very easly that his axel was shipped and may be lost,or a variety of other lies,but instead they told him the truth,mabey they would of been better telling him ups shipped it to florida.and if i needed that soon i would of split the shipping cost like they offered

Old 03-18-2002, 11:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Why would I split the cost of shipping w them whenTHEY told me it would be shipped out on Tues. The point of the situation is that THEY messed up and didnt take responisiblity for it. That is VERY unprofessional. It was my first time using MOTOMAN and because of this it will be my last time. The only right thing for them to have done was accept THEY messed up and overnighted the product to my house- It was that easy, and they would have had a customer for life- THATS IT!

Old 03-18-2002, 02:53 PM
Eq
Trailblazer

I have had nothing but good experiences with MOTOMAN. But that could be that I live 5 minutes from their shop.

Old 03-18-2002, 03:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider

This concerns me....I have purchased numerous products from Moto-Man....

<< Why would I split the cost of shipping w them whenTHEY told me it would be shipped out on Tues. The point of the situation is that THEY messed up and didnt take responisiblity for it. >>

I agree....you should'nt have to split a cost....thats a non issue.....the item SHOULD have been at your doorstep to when you was informed it would be delivered.
I think these companies take take fellow atvers hard earned cash and don't deliver on their promises are hurting themselves the most. 1 Person with a complaint is too many.

Old 03-18-2002, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

I have also had only good experiances with Moto-Man but for them to ask if you would split the cost with them is ridiculous! I dont agree with that at all!

Old 03-18-2002, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

I have only ordered one thing from them and have had no problems. I would rather order from Rocky Mountain ATV though. They're a great company w/ the lowest prices... Especially their tire/wheel prices. I bought 20&quot; turf tamers for my old 300ex for $38 and almost all of the other places were $42-$45 a tire. Not a whole lot of difference but it adds up. Check them out.