Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Trinity 686 - the good,bad and .......

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2002, 12:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recieved my kit from trinity on 3/11. The shop that installed the kit was not able to do the work until 3/15. They finished putting it back together around 6 pm. closing time friday evening. After firing it up, it would not rev out. Way to rich, with the supplied jets. skip, miss etc.Tore the plastic back off and jetted down. Seemed okay and took on test run. Still rich. Double check every thing and jetted down again. Still rich. By now it was 8:30 and i am fustrated. (long week and i am tired and hungry) The shop did not have the jets the next size down. Called it a night. Saturday i went to town and bought some more jets. Still would not run right. Made a call to trininty, no tech guys in. Lady who answered the phone said harry would be in later, and please call back. In the mean time jetted down again and it run okay. There were alot of people at my house wanting to ride. It was still not right. Called trinity again. They said harry was in , but tied up. Took my number and said he would call me back. I paid the bill, loaded up and headed home. I looked at my cell phone and saw that i had missed 2 calls with a calafornia area code. I figured that someone at trinity had called back. The machine was running okay, figured i would ride a liitle, call trinity on monday and sort it out. As i was about to unload at home, the cell phone is ringing again. I answer it, Harry (owner of Trinity) on the other end. I told him what jetting, airbox configuration, parts etc. on my quad. He told me that i was all wrong, and what to do and how to get there. sizes, clip positions etc. I really dreaded the thought of stipping the plastic and starting over. I rode down to my mx track where all my friends were playing. I told everyone what Harry said i needed to do. make 2 quick runs. Machine ran strong but.....

Raptorrcr and Raptorcrc- tear the plastic off and go to town on my machine. 30 minutes later make a few passes against a piped and trinity single carbed 2001 'shee, and a piped jetted raptor. ( we run on a 900 foot strip) After a bad start i pulled up beside them, toyed with them and motored off. DAM this thing rips!!!!!! Power everywhere!!!! Easy power spread!!!!! And we still need to jet UP!!!!! Everyone who rode it is impressed. Still more power to be found in jetting and exhaust.

I would recommend this to anyone. Thanks to raptor rrc and crc for rejetting. Saved the day!

I was impressed that HARRY made numerous calls to help me out!!!!

THIS THING IS FAST!!! If you are in the market for a kit, give trinity a call. I am riding all day sunday and will give a better review sunday evening. Thanks everyone.

Old 03-17-2002, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

14mins, Sunday we should be able to try a couple of things to see what you can get out of it.

Old 03-17-2002, 11:14 AM
Trailblazer

I wonder if the trinity kit would be as fast as the sparks kit if it had the FCR dual carb setup? They say that the carbs make a HUGE difference. How much is the 686 kit? I heard that the 727 kit is just a little more.

Old 03-17-2002, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

What did he tell you to do that fixed it? What jetting are yu running now?

Old 03-18-2002, 12:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Shollz- Dyno jets needles and stock jets do not mix. Yesterday we rejetted with stock needles and a 165, 170. Today we rejetted with the jets trinity supplied. A 180 and a 187.5 ran even better. Now i need to fine tune the fuel air screws and needle clip positin. I will probably go ahead and order the trininty pipe. We run with modded raptors,'shees bombs and honda's. Until one of our group goes to the next level..... i have no one to race.

Old 03-18-2002, 12:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

At first I thought I was reading a horror story......good to hear everything is mostly sorted out.

Old 03-18-2002, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

Charleyhorse,

Your email bounces back saying your mailbox is full. Please fix it or set a new email address in your profile. If it's not fixed by tomorrow, we'll need to ban you from posting to eliminate the email problem.

Old 03-18-2002, 07:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

14mins THANK YOU for saying what you did about Dyno neddles and stock jets. In the back of my head I thought this might be my problem and now I know it for sure. Thanks again!