Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Flaming and bashing....

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2002, 06:23 PM
Mar
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bashing is just life on the fourms as previously mentioned. I also enjoy a good 3 pages of crap but when it becomes personnal thats when the fun ends.

Also you should never really belive anything 100% on these fourms anyway. You have to deside on what to belive and how much of it to belive. Just ignore the crap and be responsible.

Fourms that have no bashing and give out a warning are really technical. Its hard to have some fun. People just ask serious questions and get serious answers. The real fun is when compairing brands and people fighting to win people to there brand. It lets the people that are sitting back really see to plus side to every machine and lets you hear a lot of opinions.

Old 04-09-2002, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

I thinks flames are a part of life and sometimes add humor to a otherwise dead/dull topic. Case and point was the banshee vs 250r thread. If you want some funny stuff check it out midway thru, we went from quads to a history lesson to a lesson of the history lesson and along the the way I laughed my a** off. I busted on Yodaddy and he came back ,no probs,threats etc. Its all good and now I found some people I really want to meet (Mintychip and the VFW gang). Remember take 1/2 of what you read here serious,the other half is pure BS. The internet has a way of letting people think their stones are bigger than in real life. In real life you wouldnt threaten to kick my a** because you dont like my raptor or opinion so dont tell someone via the keyboard any different than you would in real life. This is only self entertainment folks, nothing more,nothing less.

Michael

Old 04-09-2002, 07:06 PM
Trailblazer

What surprises me is that there are not more debates on certain products, or companies. For instance...A-Arms....there are a million companies out there that offer them, but do you ever see a thread that discuses the good points and the bad points of a certain brand?

There is so many different mods that you can do to these machines but rarely do you see someone starting a debate about reeds, carbs, swingarms, nerf bars...ect....ect.

Our harmless words on these forums can DO a lot of good if they are put to good use. If there is two companies offering a similiar product....lets hear about it! We can drive the market just by our words of wisdom. There are a lot of people out there that willing to buy products because of the name...not because they are any better.

I really like this forum since I joined....there is always some useful information....but I agree that the flamming is out of hand. I wish people would be flaming certain companies for price gouging, and offering the same product with different names, and misrepresentation of products listed....ect...ect!

I am sorry for the long post....but it amazes me that more people don't talk about mods they pruchased that blew, or asking questions about new products....it is usually a post that has been discussed a million times that everyone jumps in on!

Old 04-09-2002, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

i dont much like flaming, expecally from them kow and honda and polaris sucky owners, lmao!!! jk. really, i just think there all good quads in one way or another! it is quite funny to see some of the posts though, expecially when the, my johnsons bigger than yours thing starts happening, lol. ride hard, ride often, ride secure, and hell, ride scared if you got to, but just RIDE!!!
thats just my opinion, and i aint wrong, couse i got me a grizzly!!! lmao!!!my pictures